Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

M112 or Pro-Charger centrifugal S/C?

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by BloodRed04, Jan 23, 2008.

1. BloodRed04

BloodRed04 New Member

Well, I've run into a bit of a problem. I'm not sure what I should do.

One article I read said that the Pro-Charger, because of the type of S/C it is, would be more efficient in the end... but I do really like the idea of having the M112 sticking through the top of my hood, even though Roots are supposed to be the least efficient type of S/C.

Any opinions or experience with these two systems?

I know that there are one or two users that have these setups on their cars, and it would be most appreciated if you would post all the pros and cons of your setup.

Also, I can get the Pro-Charger kit for about $3,600, and then I think I just need to get injectors, pump, MAF, a guage, and a tune, but I'm not sure.

Where as with the M112 I would need to build it from the ground up.

I've read the sticky, so please don't tell me to go read it again, I just was looking for some other opinions on this.

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. JRicky

JRicky New Member

I'm all for the roots style...just because of its streetability...builds power a lot sooner

3. Wendy

Wendy Hi Guys!

Where are Matt and Nathan when you need them? :|

4. BloodRed04

BloodRed04 New Member

I like the way the roots style looks compared to the pro-charger, but still, it would involve a lot more work and money. I guess what I really need to find out, it what the power gains will be from both types, and if the cost and time would be worth the difference.

5. LilRoush

LilRoush Rare Roush Collector

Who told you that you need to do a full build for the M112? It's a bolt on kit designed to work gret with just a stock motor.

Both power adders have their ups and downs. The best power adder it matched to the type of driving you do. Is it a street car, open track car or drag car?

The M112 is by far cheaper. It will make great low down power, offers a flat tq line and is large enogh that you can keep upgrading as you have money. You will need larger hood or to cut it out for clearance issues. The down side is you are buying a used M112 - could go either way with good or bad on that one.

The ATi ProCharger set up is a little more spendy, fine tuned and will come with a warrenty. It will make good power for you mid and high end.

6. BloodRed04

BloodRed04 New Member

No one told me that I would have to go full build on it in order for it to work, but I assumed that I would need to get the upgraded components in order for it to work properly.

I've never had to deal with this sort of thing, even though I am an auto tech. Which is kind of embarrassing. Lol.

So if I did go with the M112, what all would I need? And since this is a daily driver, would it be the better fit for me?

7. mysteed

mysteed is back!

The M112 kit is designed to work on a stock motor. You won't need to build the motor in order to run it. As far as parts, well, like any other supercharger kit there are a lot of them. It's mostly small stuff but it adds up after a while.

The great thing about the M112 kit is it's cost and power curve. You get more power than a Vortech and pay much less. Also, full boost is hit before 2,000rpms so it feels like a rocket every time you go WOT.

It you have any other questions, consult this thread: http://www.3.8mustang.com/forum/showthread.php?t=206282 and post here if you need to know anything else.

8. Wendy

Wendy Hi Guys!

I don't have time to check out that link but could someone here do a writeup so we'd have some info on this?

9. LilRoush

We're still working on a full write up for install. I lost most of my stuff when my old laptop crashed.
    More or less it's upgrade fuel pump (Focus 310 lph) an injectors (stock Cobra 39 lb work for starters). Disconnet the air intake from the TB. Disconnet the vaccume lines from the upper intake. Unbolt the upper intake manifold and replace it with the boxed upper. You bolt the M112 to the new upper. It uses the Cobra TB, MAF and air intake. The vaccume lines that go to the stock upper get routed to the back of the blower. The oil breather on the passanger side get tapped to the Cobra air intake in almost the same spot as the V6. It uses an external IAT (incoming air temp)... I put mine in the stock air intake tube, I think Nathan rerouted his to post blower (I could be wrong - we had talked about it.) Tom (Tomzac) has an IAT after the blower in the boxed upper. I don't have a CC line to hook up, but Nathan has one. I modified my V6 throttle cable to work, Nathan used the Cobra cable.

10. BloodRed04

BloodRed04 New Member

Awesome. Thanks a lot Matt, you've been a great help.

And thanks to all of you for posting your input on this situation.

I'll start collecting parts as soon as I get the money together.

11. LilRoush

The M112 is the up and coming set up for the split port V6 cars. Great power + lower cost means a good thing. When I first started working on an Eaton set up for the 99-04 cars, it got shut down. A quick resign and a little elbow grease, late nights turning wrenches, a blown motor and two car fires lead to a kit you can install in a day with basic hand tools and make more power per dollar than any supercharger/turbo chager.
    Between Nathan, Tom (Tomzac on some boards), and myself we should be able to answer most questions. I've done my car and two others locally, though Nathan is probably the most well versed in the set up these days. I'm hoping to do another soon.

12. BloodRed04

BloodRed04 New Member

Sounds awesome. I hope to add it to my car asap.

The way I see it, I can only learn by doing it.

And I can't wait until I've got the money for this.

Maybe a few more months of saving everything I've got and I'll have it.

13. mysteed

mysteed is back!

I have a majority of the How-To done but I need time to finish it. I routed my IAT to the stock Cobra position as Justin said that the tuner needs to be reading the air that comes after the blower. I am running my stock 97 throttle cable but the Cobra cable is much easier to use. At this time I am not running curise control but a simple modification to my current bracket would solve that problem.

14. LilRoush

I was thinking I saw CC hooked up in your pics. I was wrong!

15. mysteed

mysteed is back!

Well I could walk outside and hook it up right now but 1: I never use my cruise control and 2: I don't like the angle that it would be at.

16. saleen6banger

saleen6banger New Member

hey good luck with whatever you decide to go with on the mustang but if your interested and havent bought your kit yet i have a new shelby gt500 stock m112 blower that was removed off my buddies for a whipple, hes tryin to get 1,000 for the blower cuz its takin up space in his apt, it doesnt come with the hoses and hardware to install it but for the actual unit for 1,000 i dont think you can beat that.

17. LilRoush

The kit is for the 03/04 M112 off the Cobra. you can get them for about $300-$450 if you look.

18. mysteed

mysteed is back!

A grand for the GT500 blower? Wow, talk about steep. As far as I know, there isn't another car that uses that particular blower.

19. JRicky

JRicky New Member

yeah, I've seen full kits with MAF, TB, Injectors, fuel pump, and the m112 go for $800...and yes, I'm mad I didnt buy it all together for myself.

20. saleen6banger

saleen6banger New Member

really? sorry i didnt know you could by kits that cheap, this blower is just sitting around taking up space im just trying to get rid of it so i mean i guess ill get rid of it for 600 if anyone wants it but good luck with your install thats gonna be pretty badass to have a cobra blower on your stang.!