00 turbo singleport project

fasterthanyou

Parting out the v6 motor and trans stuff. I picked up a 6.0 LS motor and trans. Going to the dark side.

Make offers. Willing to part everything out from heads to hot side piping to intake manifold, throttle body, injectors etc...

I'm keeping the megasquirt to run the LS motor on. All else is up for grabs.

Perfect time with the Trump Checks coming out soon.

Edward S

Parting out the v6 motor and trans stuff. I picked up a 6.0 LS motor and trans. Going to the dark side.

Make offers. Willing to part everything out from heads to hot side piping to intake manifold, throttle body, injectors etc...

I'm keeping the megasquirt to run the LS motor on. All else is up for grabs.

Perfect time with the Trump Checks coming out soon.
What kind of hot side piping? name brand kit or one you had made. Feel free to PM a pic or 2 or 4 lol

fasterthanyou

Just watched your videos on YouTube, jtsstang. Your setup was way more responsive than mine, for sure.

My motor had no balls below 4500rpm. Probably due to the fact that my intake manifold had zero runner length. It was just one large open plenum. Or also due to my torque converter being too tight for a turbo application.

Timing may have been too conservative for e85 as well. Absolutely zero signs of detonation on the pistons even after having ran 40+lbs of boost when it was compound boost. All fuel residue wiped right off the piston tops and combustion chambers.

fasterthanyou

Stay tuned for a big bang test. No offers on any of the v6 parts so I reassembled the motor and put it back in the way it was. I have every intention of scattering this block with as much boost as my fuel system will support.

fasterthanyou

I never actually had this car on a dyno. I talked to a local shop and am going to have it strapped down this coming week either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Let's see what this thing can do with all of the boost.

fasterthanyou

Was forced to reschedule. Today is Friday, dyno is scheduled tomorrow, Saturday, at 12:30pm.

Wastegate pressure is 23psi. It has a manual boost controller so my max boost with this controller should be around 46psi.

Let's put some holes in this block.

fasterthanyou

Ended the day very early with 535hp 480tq.

We couldn't even get above wastegate boost without running out of fuel supply.

Found out that one of my fuel pumps wasn't even working. I really have no idea how long I've been running off of just one fuel pump.

I only took 2 videos. We only made 3 pulls. I'll splice the clips together and reply to this thread with a YouTube link when I get around to it.

For now, heres the graph of the last pull.

Attachments

fasterthanyou

Just gonna make this update very short. I put the car back onto the dyno yesterday afternoon after getting the fuel pressure issue sorted out.
Made 604/546 on 30.2psi and 17.5 degrees of timing on e85 and M1 meth injection. Not nearly as much power as I expected at this boost level but we honestly tried all we could for 3 hours and 15 pulls to get it to make more power but that's all she's got.

Sorry for the lackluster ending to this saga. Wish I had better results. I plan to take it down the 1/4 a few times to hopefully crack off a couple of 10 second passes and that'll be about it!

Take care y'all.

6 Shooter

Wow. Great numbers. Very close to my day on the dyno 4 years ago. Some differences though, my torque was a bit higher at 598 at 611 whp and just 21 psi on 18 degrees of timing on 93 octane pump gas. Am curious about 2 things--how you made 30 psi and that you did not lift your heads or break anything?

fasterthanyou

No lifted head, nothing broke. The engine still runs.

I am wondering exactly how much drivetrain loss I have. I had my injectors cleaned and flow tested from the same place I got them from originally. FIC injectors in hobe sound, Florida.
The injector data sheet says they flow just a hair under 1300cc at 53psi fuel pressure.
I am running 11.8 AFR on E85 and the injectors are at 95% duty cycle. According to FIC injectors calculator on their website I should be seeing 850whp with the data I'm reading.

Something just isn't adding up.

Attachments

fasterthanyou

I feel as though boost pressure doesn't matter as much as cylinder pressure when it comes to lifting a head.

I could in theory, run 50psi, and as long as the cylinder pressure doesn't get to the point where it distorts the block from the head stud threads pulling on the block then it really doesn't matter how much manifold pressure there is.

It just goes to show how inefficient my engine is.