Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

00 turbo singleport project

Discussion in 'Personal Projects and Builds' started by fasterthanyou, Dec 6, 2016.

1. fasterthanyou

fasterthanyou Active Member

To be honest I'd be content with 12s on its first track day. My guess is 12.8 @110 with a slow 60'.

I'm predicting a combination of problems such as turbo lag off the line, excessively lean or rich conditions which will require tune adjustments and possibly transmission issues. I've noticed the transmission shudders badly in 4th gear. 1,2 and 3 seem ok. 4th worries me.

2. fasterthanyou

I'm going to try to sneak in some dyno time tomorrow afternoon before heading out to the track. So far I've just been street tuning it. It runs okay. I believe i can do better on a dyno though.

3. fasterthanyou

Firestone sucks. At least the one local to me does.. those clowns never ordered my tires that they were supposed to have this morning.. I hate to bash companies but this really screwed up my dyno day and track day.. damnit...

4. fasterthanyou

I got back in town from georgia yesterday, and took my car to the dyno today.

I went to start the mustang today and primed the pump a couple of times before starting. I heard a steady dripping sound before starting it up. Looked underneath and saw there was a large fuel leak from the aeromotive inline fuel filter. Was an easy fix, the end cap of the filter just needed to be tightened.

I drove the mustang 30 minutes to the dyno with no problems. Strapped it down and started with dialing in the fuel. Did some light throttle and part throttle runs across the rpm range to dial in the fuel.

Got the low/mid range fuel pretty much spot on. But thats where the good times ended.

In boost it was pretty happy around the 12:1 area with only a couple of psi but i let out because i noticed the spark advance was climbing to 35-39 degrees. I spent the next hour and a half trying to chase down what could be causing the spark to go to the high 30s when im commanding 17-20 degrees.

I zeroed out every single spark adder/subtractor I could find - no luck. I copy/pasted the 3 spark tables to make them all identical - no luck. I even set all 3 spark tables to 10 degrees and it still gave 35-39 degrees of timing.

At this point I figured it might be a load scaling issue since it wasn't reading over 100% engine load. It capped out at 100% load even in boost.
    I re-scaled the load for ALL of the spark and fuel tables. Adjusted the timing maps accordingly. Still no luck...

I shut the engine off and just sat there for a while thinking of what I would try next. I called it a day and when I went to fire up the engine, it wouldnt fire up. It sounded like it lost compression in half of the cylinders and was cranking over slow and sputtering.

Long story short i found that my power steering pump locked up. Go figure. I had to leave my car there and catch a ride home. Ill head back monday with a new pump. Or if im able to find the alternator bracket I modified to delete the power steering pump ill use that instead.

Attached Files:

5. fasterthanyou

Until then.. here's the graphs from the several dyno runs i made while trying to fix this spark timing issue.

Lol

Attached Files:

6. fasterthanyou

I forgot to follow up with this. I replaced the steering pump and looped the line just to get me by.

Was still unable to control the spark.

Long story short Im pulling the motor for a rebuild.

Attached Files:

7. fasterthanyou

Yoink! ...this is getting too easy.

Attached Files:

8. fasterthanyou

Heads are off. Piston rings and gasket set ordered. Also found my valve seals are shot.

Attached Files:

9. fasterthanyou

Picked this beauty up from 94v6kid. Pictures really don't do it justice. This thing looks so pretty.

The only modification it needs is a plate to block the silencer ports so it will really scream.

Attached Files: