Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

00 turbo singleport project

Discussion in 'Personal Projects and Builds' started by fasterthanyou, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Sideshow Bob

Sideshow Bob Active Member

Yep we will all get to our goals. I'm the same way trips to the track seeing others progress on here. Posting my progress and my fails keeps me going.

2. fasterthanyou

fasterthanyou Active Member

My username really should be "slowerthanyou" haha.

So this was more of a pain in the ass than I anticipated it to be. The hard part is done though.

It looks barely put together and a mess, but really the only thing left is to make intercooler piping and install the accessory brackets for this to fire up.

Attached Files:

3. Sideshow Bob

You can keep your handle my competition is solely with myself and yes I too will talk to myself and I enjoy the conversations. lol

4. fasterthanyou

Fuel system is functional. Holds pressure, no leaks. Accessory brackets are on.

I removed the 01-04 mustang balancer and compared it to the 93 SC balancer. I was hoping it would be more straightforward to get the SC balancer to work, or even the 01-04 balancer to work.

Here is my predicament... i could use the mustang balancer and re-drill the SC pulley for the 3 bolt pattern of the mustang balancer. The downside to this is that there is no hub for the pulley to center itself onto like the SC balancer.

I could use the SC balancer but i need to re-drill the mustang reluctor wheel to bolt to the SC balancer. I would need to make certain that I have the reluctor in the correct location as this relates to ignition timing. Also would need to make 3/8" spacers between the SC balancer and reluctor wheel to get the reluctor wheel within the general vicinity of the crank sensor.

What would you guys suggest?

Attached Files:

5. 6 Shooter

6 Shooter Well-Known Member

Check out the SFI approves BHJ harmonic damper. HarmonicDampers.com by BHJ Dynamics, Performance Harmonic Dampers, Harmonic Balancers and Specialty Crankshaft Vibration Dampers Think I have the crank pulley that fits this damper. Will look in the attic. It is a 4 bolt pulley from an early 90s V-6 Mustang.

P.S. Found the 6-rib steel crank pulley that matches with the BHJ harmonic damper in the attic. Let me know if interested. One of the holes on the BHJ damper is off, and the pulley has the hole slightly moved to compensate. The pulley also has a white mark to help find TDC in the compression stroke.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  6. fasterthanyou

I ended up re-drilling the 36-1 reluctor wheel to fit the SC balancer. I was overcomplicating the situation yesterday.

Last thing to do is make intercooler piping and re-tune.

7. fasterthanyou

Today was practically the only day I got to work on the car since early last week. The weather has been awful.

Anyways, to make things easier my plan was to just run the stock accessories and stock drive belt but I ended up modifying the alternator bracket by cutting off the lower half of it to get rid of the power steering pump and removed the a/c compressor, so now I need to buy a new shorter drive belt.

I also planned on making intercooler piping but I think I'll just loop the blower outlet to the return plenum and run methanol injection to reduce the air charge temps.

Re-drilling the 36-1 trigger wheel to fit onto the 89-93 SC balancer worked well. It runs.

8. fasterthanyou

Honestly the weather the past two weeks has been unbelievable. Severe thunderstorms every single day. Today was no exception but I managed to get a couple hours of work in on the car.

I made a pipe from the turbo to the supercharger throttle body and I began making the pipe from the supercharger outlet to the return plenum.

I Plan to make a 180 degree bend so it loops next to the vehicle battery. I don't have a high quality chop saw so making the pie cuts necessary to loop the outlet to the return plenum right at the blower is impossible for my situation. It'll look weird but should still function. Plus it leaves an opportunity to install an air to water intercooler in that location down the road if I ever need to do that.

For now though, I removed the large front mount intercooler that I originally had on there and plan to run water/meth at the supercharger inlet to cool air charge temps and increase octane instead.

Attached Files:

9. Sideshow Bob

Good work somehow I missed that you are using a turbo with supercharge. At first I was wondering why you were switching from Turbo to a supercharger and was thinking it had something to do with your converter runs better with a supercharger. This is going to be cool will have boost off the line and build boost down the line.

10. fasterthanyou

Dropped my fuel tank because my fuel level sender was reading incorrectly. The reason why was very obvious upon visual inspection.

I guess this is what happens when you let your car sit for 5 or 6 years with a few gallons of gas in the tank... ****. All of these parts are practically unused, maybe a couple hundred miles on them. Sucks that they are total **** because of my lack of attention to drain the fuel tank when the car was sitting. That's a lot of money wasted. Those walbro 485's arent cheap. That fuel hat assy was around 800 bucks new. Whatever, just another setback in the neverending list of setbacks.

Attached Files: