Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

01 v6 t5 to 4r70

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by darko, Nov 29, 2018.

1. darko

darko New Member

have a 01 v6 5 speed can get an 01 auto parts car
    what do i need from the 01 parts car to do the switch over

2. 6 Shooter

6 Shooter Well-Known Member

You will at least need to have a 5 speed change in the tune at a minimum. Alternatively, If you get the complete 01 car with the PCM, transmission, and tranny wiring harness, it may be the simplest to switch in the auto PCM into the 5 speed car and have someone with the Ford programming software do the minimal programming for the switch. I have switched from an 00 to an 04 PCM, so I know that this is possible. Plus, the 4R70W transmission will require also getting the transmission harness and plugging it into the socket on the engine harness. So, It may be that you will have to switch the auto engine harness to the 5 speed car. Warning, DO NOT look for a 99-00 auto car as the computer and tune file is significantly different from that of the 01-04 computer and tunes.

3. Sauceja

Sauceja Member

You will need the loops by the pedals as well that are plugged in on a manual car that need to be looped in an auto.