Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

04 3.8 l fuel injectors

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by screwedupstang04, Jan 3, 2018.

1. screwedupstang04

screwedupstang04 New Member

im trying to learn how to fix my car, i have to replace the fuel injectors but for now im just gonna see if i can clean them to make them last a bit longer to save up money to replace them but i dont know how to take them off, am i suppose to take the intake off first to get to them or what all do i need to do? thank you in advace i greatly appretiate it

2. 6 Shooter

6 Shooter Well-Known Member

Yes, the upper intake must first be removed. Would then stuff paper towels into the holes so no NOTHING can go down them while exchanging the injectors. Next, remove the 4 fuel rail bolts. Notice that there are metal clips that fit into the upper slots on the injectors. Those clips must be pulled/pried out and is generally easiest to remove using a smaller sized flat bladed screwdriver on the backside edge/corner. The clips are U-shaped. Also helpful to have a pair of needle nosed pliers to pull the clips out after starting to move them.

Would be ideal to check the O-rings on the replacement injectors for nicks, cuts, or small sections sliced away. Also, use vasoline on the new O-rings for easy re-install. When re-installing, first insert all 6 injectors into the heads, then align the fuel rail over the 6 injectors and easily press down on it to work the upper portion of the injectors into the sockets. Best to re-install the clips closest to the firewall on the driver's side first. Completely install the driver's side first and just start the two screws which hold down the fuel rail, then go to the passenger side. Make damn sure that the clip slides into the correct slot on the injectors. Also best to