Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

04 GTO kills 05 GT

Discussion in '2005-2010 V6 Mustang Tech' started by GrendelStang, Oct 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrendelStang

GrendelStang New Member

So much for those bogus magazine 1/4th numbers. The head to head race was a slightly modded GTO versus wha was likely a stock 05 GT.

So while the GTO should have won the stock GTO that was in this group as well was running better 1/4ths than the stock 05 GT's. The 1/4ths for the 05 GT's from REGULAR DRIVERS were no where near the magazine numbers.

http://ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8528

2. greatsave9

greatsave9 Well-Known Member

GTO = bloated and weak. Sure it has an LS1 in it but I say it's no better than a F-body. Overweight and dyno's showing weak RWHP numbers under 300 stock. It also depends on the conditions of the night, and it's probably a new GT with like 100 miles on it. Give them some time to work out all the kinks and details on the car.

3. 3.8MustangSteve

3.8MustangSteve Secretary of Defense

Must have missed a shift to be running an 8.9 1/8 trapping at 76 MPH.

4. bravo

bravo New Member

the new goats are very slow . ive seen them run constant 14.4 , this was in a gm auto show they raced it with a new cady v series and the cady won all the time doing 14.2, 14.0 after 2 round with the gto they pulled of the cady cuz it made the gto look bad. thus why there putting a 6.0 littre v8 z06 engine in it with 400 hp

Doc GTO / White 2005 GT
    R/T-.085 / .337
    60ft-2.16 / 1.99
    330-5.878 / 5.807
    1/8-8.870 / 8.985
    mph-82.67 / 76.73
    1000-11.434 / 11.735
    1/4-13.593 / 14.046
    mph-105.18 / 97.76

and these number say the 05 gt dint grip like the gto the 1/8 gto had more mph and the gt had less while having better time , this means he dint grip. or was just a plain dumb driver.

5. greatsave9

greatsave9 Well-Known Member

GTOs = LS1s right now, soon to be 6.0L C6 LS2s 400HP (unfortunately, also like the SSR, they're breaking the Corvette rule)

CTS-V = 5.7L LS6 405HP Z06 motor (badass car, I need one)

The new C6 Z06 is rumored to be a 7.0L V8 sporting 500HP. :thumbup:

6. WhiteSaleen248

WhiteSaleen248 Search And Destroy.

TeH WiN.

7. GrendelStang

GrendelStang New Member

Actually that is a gearing, not a grip issue.

And the new Z06 will not be a 7.0L, but it will be QUICK...

And did I mention there are videos of this match up between the GTO and GT?

As for the comment on GTO's doing consistent 14's, that is pretty much just saying that 1/4th times are driver dependant since there are plenty of stock GTO's doing 13.6-13.8 consistently with good drivers. And yes the GTO is big, weighs about 500 more pounds than the GT's, but you also get more of a luxury coupe with the GTO.

8. bravo

bravo New Member

then why does the mach1 own the gto every time they race . ive seen this in a pontiac mag and a mustang one . the new gt is about the same power so it shold be about the same

9. Dennis1417

Dennis1417 Well-Known Member

I read the 05 GTO and 05 SSR were both getting the LS2 6.0L, but there only going to have 390HP, so people wony just buy those instead of the vette.

10. WhiteSaleen248

WhiteSaleen248 Search And Destroy.

GTO > GT (in quarter mile's)
    GT > GTO (in overall, and looks)

GTO < My Crap

11. JamRWS6

JamRWS6 New Member

You are foolish....the new GTO is an overall better quality vehicle hands down......not to mention faster. The only thing the GT has is it looks better.

And to whoever who said the GT had "grip problems"..WAKE UP...the GT had a better 60 ft and got out ahead and the GTO flat out reeled him in and walked him. Some of you guys brand loyalty makes me laugh when you can't even analyze a timeslip correctly.

12. JamRWS6

JamRWS6 New Member

I don't call a tenth or two "owning" anybody......that would be reserved for those tests when LS1 F-bodies were outrunning 99 and 01 Cobras by over 7 tenths of a second.....THAT is an owning.

Also the GTO is 3700 lbs without driver.....and has IRS with some bad launching issues. I would hope a 3300-3400 lb car with MUCH steeper gearing and only 40 less HP could beat a 3800lb car with TALL gearing.....and only do so by a few tenths is kind of odd.

13. GrendelStang

GrendelStang New Member

The great thing about the tall gearing is that I will be in Germany with it on the Autobahn.

:thumbup:

And yes the GTO does have some launch issues (first year car bug), but GM has been fixing them via a Technical Service Bulletin.

14. bravo

bravo New Member

well thats with a 4.6 engine gms go bigger than 5.7 , lets see when ford goes big block well see then who will be better, gms have bigger engine always i hope ford brings the 427 or some big block back.

15. SHADOWstang99

SHADOWstang99 A.K.A slvRsrpnt

that trap seems awfully low for the gt. missed gear. so he launched well...
    doesn't mean he didn't miss 3rd.
    i trapped 105 and 106 stock.

16. 02_zinc_yellow

02_zinc_yellow New Member

think what you want, but try this, 03 cobra vs GTO, the 03 cobra will smoke that any day of the week, not to metion the mach 1 is faster as well and costs less, and talk about the GTO all you want, but let's put slicks on the 05 GT and the GTO and see who wins, the 05 GT, because the GTO's halfshafts wont hold up long if your running slicks, and looks, i cant respect anything that looks like the bastard child of a dodge stratus and a grand prix, and who ever heard of a V8 performance car with an exhaust setup that looks a ricer dual tip fart can

17. bravo

bravo New Member

:eek: dudde you unloaded , you must had that in you for a long time :lol:

18. JamRWS6

JamRWS6 New Member

You must have a lot of built up anger knowing a Grand Prix, I mean GTO family sedan will still walk the crap out of your car.

No one even knows if the GTs rearend can take a launch on slicks.....the Mach 1s have been breaking **** on drag radials. Get more info before talking out of your ass. The GT cut a 1.9 60ft while the GTO cut a 2.15 and still had a better ET AND MPH! Learn to analzye a timeslip. That GT on slicks might keep up with the old model GTO on street tires...lmao Just wait for the 400HP 05 GTO and there will be no comparison.....not like there was anyway.

03 Cobra vs GTO....whooptee ****ing do......sure the Cobra is faster.....the GTO is the nicer car hands down.
    GTO> any Mustang riding on a 25 year old platform.
    And since you mentioned it above put slicks on a stock Cobra IRS and watch it blow **** up too.

I like Cobras, but atleast be informed about a car.
    But then again, you are probably just mad a family sedan will whoop the **** out of your car. Understandable...hahah

19. SHADOWstang99

SHADOWstang99 A.K.A slvRsrpnt

20. OutlawCody

OutlawCody I made a GT once...

huh? i thought the IRS was made for better controlled launches

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.