Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

04 GTO kills 05 GT

Discussion in '2005-2010 V6 Mustang Tech' started by GrendelStang, Oct 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bravo

bravo New Member

i guess retro dosnt mean anything to you :confused: retro means old stile
    anyhow i have yet to see a gm keep ut with a ferrari or the top cars in OVERAL.

and we ford people dont need a 6.0L we have a humble 4.6 or any ford engine that can out run any gm big block that gets thrown at us , i guess the gm guys dont like smaller engines wooping them , so they go bigger and bigger .
    just look at this the mustang has siblings , and lots of em ex.. v6,gt,cobra,saleen,roush,steeda. cobra r ect... and the power differs between each one , theres only one gto , so i assume its the top of the line gto , well what would be a top stang cobra?, saleen? cobra r?... any of those 3 stang can beat the gto stock for stock.

2. JamRWS6

JamRWS6 New Member

There is no hipocracy....i've ridden in more fast Mustangs than you could ever dream of :rolleyes:

You are a year older than me......and you are calling me a kid? In other words you need to wake the **** up son.....because evidently you aren't the brightest bulb in the string of lights.

3. JamRWS6

JamRWS6 New Member

Considering the GT cut a 1.9 ........that is hardly driver error. Learn how to analyze a time slip. Don't get your panties all in a wad that your beloved GT got beat and isn't "the ****" like you thought it was. This is an obvious fact. And like this matters......how about we race 05 GTO vs 05 GT......there is not contest. LS2> 4.6

I'm hardly biased....I just like fast cars....i have friends with a 440RWHP Vortech Supercharged 97 Cobra to a 480RWHP 03 Cobra that has run 11.0s.....to a Procharged LT1 Z28....just to name a few. I could care less who makes it....most of you guys will get all warmed up about a stock GT.....hate to break it to you....but that is SLOW.

4. JamRWS6

JamRWS6 New Member

No offense but your 4.6 is not outrunning a "big block". You sir, are a complete moron. Anything short of a MODDED S/C 4.6 is getting its ass beat by my lightly modded LS1.
    Once again I can't get this through your thick skull.....I'm not debating that a Cobra is faster.....the GTO is a BETTER BUILT CAR. Get your head out of your ass and wake up.

And the GTO has a sibling.....its called a Corvette......and it has more prestige than your Mustang could ever dream of. :uhh: Get off your power trip people......a V8 Mustang is nothing but a 15K dollar car with a 10K dollar motor (a ****ty one in the case of the 4.6L GTs).

I could sit here and argue but most of you are still on your first V6 Mustang mommy and daddy bought you and don't have a ****ing clue what a fast car is. You put gears in your car and think your **** is hot. You get a wet one when you see a GT.....Grow up.

5. CougarStang

CougarStang I do my own stunts

My point exactly :rolleyes:

6. CougarStang

This is why you have no credibility around here. I take personal offense to that. Mommy and daddy don't break 60k a year combined income in my house. I've had to work hard for what I have. The "new car" that was bought for me was an 82 ford fairmont, older than you. My mustang? A salvage that I emptied my entire savings account for, and fixed up with my working class family. Mommy and daddy bought for me... gimme a break

Yes it's amazing how much growing up can be done in a year and a half. Once again, I have yet to see a thread that you've contributed value to.

7. nemesis

nemesis 2nd to none

atleast we dont have to use a cobra motor in all are cars like chevy has gota do with the corvete motor.they have no originaltiy in coming up with good car designes or motors except the corvete.in my opinion the only chevy cars 2 own are the classics from the 60s when they had the rite stuff were as id own just about every mustang ever made.and the new mustang looks hella better it keeps to tradition something the new gto does not and if i had that amount of money 2 buy a gto i would just buy the original since then i would not be driving something that looks like every pontiac out now.

8. JamRWS6

JamRWS6 New Member

God that was lame.......evidently you should use a Cobra motor in all your cars because otherwise you are getting your ass handed to you.

9. JamRWS6

JamRWS6 New Member

I have more than enough credibility from people here......I've never even heard of you before. And there is credibility to that statement because for 90% of the people here that is the case. Have a good one though.

10. stock00red6

stock00red6 Not as Dumb as You Look

12's from a stock car under 30k, like the bowtie guys got with the f body.

13's it at best adequate for the Ford Mustang GT. but that is their goal.
    being adequate.

I love the new stang, it's nice looking, anyone complaining lack about of power off the line power needs to learn to drive this thing, it's setup does quite well off the line.
    as seen with a guy cutting 1.9 60's on his first trip to the track.(with that car)

quit complaining that the more expensive, bigger cubed, bigger power-producing car won the race.

5 years from now the 3 valve 4.6 will be known for being able to run 11's with easy mods,
    and the GTO will be dead. at least there is a rivalry again.

11. bravo

bravo New Member

ahmm by the way why are we stang hguys arguing in a stang site with a GM lover :confused: i guess this site is the only one the can pour all of their crap, and not be banned. i figure stang owner , stang site , doge owner ,doge site, and so on.

12. Justang

Justang ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ-ɹǝdns

Jamr, you need to lose the attitude and stop flaming. All your posts have been harrassing to other members.

------------------------------------------------

Now that businiess is taken care of... my opinion.

GTO is on a different level than the GT. But to say the GTO is some great car is far from the truth. Hence the reason for the slow sales, and huge rebates on the 04's. The GTO looks like a bigger Cavalier. Not to mention the overly-bulky Australian suspension it uses. Add in the right-handed driver stereo/climate controls, and what is there to like? An overgrown Cavalier with a lot of power, bad ergonomics, and a less than optimal suspension? Sure they added optional hood scoops and a more powerfull engine in the 05 model. But it still looks like a Cavalier.

And do look at the timeslips. But if you are gonna analyize them, do it right. The GT obviously missed a shift to have that trap speed, and 1/8mile speed, yet Jamr has overlooked that at his convience.

I'm not saying the 05 Stang is the greatest. But it's a lower model than the GTO. I think the engine on the GT is cool, but the interior and the bodystyle are...well... crappy. Jay Mays does not have an original bone in his body. He just makes everything retro. How lame!

and the GTO's sibling is not the Corvette. They are distant relatives... just a common engine line. ;)

All this bickering, and we are comparing a 4.6L to a 5.7L... on cars that aren't even in the same category. One is a 'sports' car, and the other is a sports coupe. Grow up people.

-------------------------------------------------------

Anymore BS and I lock the thread!

13. CougarStang

Ignorant. I've been here longer than you have

14. JamRWS6

JamRWS6 New Member

I never said I had been here longer. I just said I have never heard of you and that I have more than enough credibility from those that know me. Ignorance is bliss.....be happy.

15. JamRWS6

JamRWS6 New Member

No offense, but it doesn't look like a cavalier. That is the most ignorant thing i've ever heard. The reason for slow sales is the way it looks, it has nothing to do with the inside of the car....it is just like the Aztek.....a great vehicle with a poor exterior appearance. You can't wrap candy in a pile of crap and sell it.

If you had actually ever sat in or driven a GTO you would realize you have NO ground to stand on with "bad ergonomics" or a bad driving car with bad suspension because that is simply not true.

Drive one, and then talk. Thanks

16. CougarStang

Alright JamRWS6 you're absolutely right. Despite Justin even telling you to lose the attitude and stop flaming, you're 100% credible and everyone of us posting in this thread is ignorant. What was I thinking? Geez

17. Goin2shock

Goin2shock _________________________

What's in a 35K GTO's price range? a 35K 04 Cobra, compare those two, or maybe a 04 Mach I, either way the GTO loses. :D

05 GT and 04 GTO both have their flaws.

18. ClintEastwood

ClintEastwood New Member

i think jam jam the flamin man is at the wrong site

19. Justang

Justang ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ-ɹǝdns

I have sat it one. I've test driven them. I speak from experience.

Jam, you get warning #2 now.
    Cougar, you get warning #1.

You guys don't learn.

locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.