05 stang GT for over 55 grand!!!!!!

BISKIT

New Member
Just for fun I tried to find how much a new mustang would be in my country. (Hungary)

after a little searching I found a dealer who imports them seeing as how the mustang is not available in Europe directly.

I found a red 05 GT coupe for what translates to $55.263 USD :eek:

and we thought they were expensive here!!!!

Hell, and an 02 V6 coupe with 40.000km on it is almost $30.000 USD.

http://darren.aw.hu/
 

Jiggab00

Well-Known Member
Since I'm a retard and can't figure it out, what county is that?

.hu = Hungary :confused:

A guy that I talk to on another board said my '04 V6 would go for 45k in Norway :eek:
 

BISKIT

New Member
Jigga1181 said:
Since I'm a retard and can't figure it out, what county is that?

.hu = Hungary :confused:

A guy that I talk to on another board said my '04 V6 would go for 45k in Norway :eek:

you got it!

I just noticed they actually have an american car club in hungary.

www.acch.hu :D
 

skeetsheet

New Member
hmm, buy a 00 for $8k here, get a plane ticket and ship the car to Norway, so far you've spent $12k. sell it for $25k, and come home a week later with 13 grand in your pocket and a nice vacation to Norway :wtf:

do that once a month and you're making 6 figures yearly...
 

Jiggab00

Well-Known Member
Import taxes will own you. When I heard how much my car is worth in Norway I seriously considered it, but after all the taxes and bullshit I would've walked away with about $5k..... :thumbdown:
 

skeetsheet

New Member
Jigga1181 said:
Import taxes will own you. When I heard how much my car is worth in Norway I seriously considered it, but after all the taxes and bull**** I would've walked away with about $5k..... :thumbdown:
oh, werd. that's still not bad, do it two times a month and you're making 6 figures yearly ;)
 

Dark40

Go Slow
Jigga1181 said:
Import taxes will own you. When I heard how much my car is worth in Norway I seriously considered it, but after all the taxes and bull**** I would've walked away with about $5k..... :thumbdown:

5k profit on a v6 is bad how? Its not like you cant find freaking 6's everywhere over here for cheap. Take 2-3 over a month and you are going to be sitting well. :thumbup:
 

BISKIT

New Member
Well here are the problems:

1, You have to pay import taxes and modification costs. The EU has higher emissions standards that will not allow the mustang to pass.

2, The market is VERY slim for cars like ours. A 3.8L engine is the epitemy of luxury just due to its size.

Anything over 2.0L is up there.

3, Your registration is paid upon the size of your engine. so proportionatley a larger cc engine will pay much more.

4, And the real kicker is gas. At between $5-6 / gallon a mustang is a losing proposition.
 

skeetsheet

New Member
BISKIT said:
Well here are the problems:

1, You have to pay import taxes and modification costs. The EU has higher emissions standards that will not allow the mustang to pass.

2, The market is VERY slim for cars like ours. A 3.8L engine is the epitemy of luxury just due to its size.

Anything over 2.0L is up there.

3, Your registration is paid upon the size of your engine. so proportionatley a larger cc engine will pay much more.

4, And the real kicker is gas. At between $5-6 / gallon a mustang is a losing proposition.
i forgot about that, good points. when i was living in romania i didn't see a single mustang. romania is nice and corrupt, so you pay $30 and they'll forget about emissions. gas would be a huge problem though, but someone paying $25,000 USD for a car in a country that hasn't moved it's economy over to the euro yet isn't going to be worried much about paying for gas.
 
Top