Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

05 V6 Auto Dyno Tune Results

Discussion in '2005-2010 V6 Mustang Tech' started by pete, Jan 31, 2005.

1. RGR...

RGR... New Member

That's like 10 RWHP more than a GOOD SPI auto 3.8, tuned.
    I've seen 175 at least, with tune, and Jerry did that one too.

Good first results Pete!

2. pete

pete I like Ford V6s...I own 4

Go ahead and run 91 with the 93 cal. The 4.0L has a knock sensor. It will pull timing to accomodate the lower octane. It won't hurt anything. You should not hear any audible knock but you will pick up more power ;)

3. OneFastPonyCar

OneFastPonyCar New Member

Oh cool. Thanks Pete! I'll try it as soon as I get to my next tank of gas. If it does knock I'll just set it back down to 91. You do know more than me though! Thanks. I expected the XCal to be alot bigger. It seemed really small to me when i got it in the box. I guess that's all it takes. I heard that the XCal can unlock like 100hp in some diesels....that's insane. I'll have to tell my dad...he has an excursion..

4. RGR...

RGR... New Member

On Turbo Diesels... and they get good mileage too :)
    I've had people around here claim 28 MPG with that
    T.D. Excursion :eek:! That is insane!

5. deepcave2

deepcave2 New Member

I will receive my 2005 convertable next week. I have a dual system to be installed by local Nascar boys :) I have a Steeda Cold Air Kit comming as well. My question, who do I purchase the SCT programer device from and what do I need to hook it to the on-bord computer? When we used to do tune ups in my days....he he; it was all done manualy.

All suggestions welcomed. By the way, for those of you ordering the 2005 with V6, I got my dealer to order the GT rear bumper cover and had it installed at the factory. Will make the dual exhaust installation go a bit smoother. If you buy the rear bumper cover after the car is delivered, The dealer should sell it to you for about $186. Body shop will charge about $300.00 labor to install it for you.

6. TheStang00

TheStang00 New Member

you do realize that using premium fuel wont give you any more power dont you?

7. QuikStang01Lx

QuikStang01Lx DiscountMotorsports.net

in the 05 it does make a difference. They have a knock sensor in which will keep advancing the engines timing untill it knocks

8. deepcave2

deepcave2 New Member

Pete:

I will take delivery of my 2005 V6 this week. I have a dual exhaust system and a cold air kit to also in stall. I am also putting 17"x8" bullit rims and tires on the pony. Here is the delima...I need to reprogram the PCM to set up the Cold Air Kit from Steeda and adjust for the tire size.

1. The list says that you are the best source of these units, what is the cost?

2. Will the SCT unit come with three progams or do you have to purchase the programs separately?

3. What hook up accesories do I need to connect the unit to my 2005 V6 and what is the additional cost of these items?

My presonal e-mail is [email protected], just drop me a line there if you need to take this off line.

Thanks,

deepcave2

9. TheStang00

TheStang00 New Member

heh... thats pretty neat, i didnt know that.

10. motoman122

motoman122 New Member

i have a stupid question.......what if you have to take the car in and for some reason they have to flash the computer......what then?

11. deepcave2

deepcave2 New Member

As I understand it, use your SCT devise and reset the computer settings to the factory standards. Then when you get your pony back, reflash the unit back to your settings.

You and the tunner can workout what the Ford guys might do and fixt it alot better, even if they make a repair.

:eek:

12. Danger Dude

Danger Dude Living one day at a time

I guess you dont realize Pete is a engine tuner!!! Telling Pete something about Octane and tuning is like you telling Dale Jr how to race!!!! :rolleyes:

He was also refering to using 93 with a custom tune on a car with it programmed to use 93 and thus gain HP and torque.

13. TheStang00

TheStang00 New Member

my bad... lol i dont post on this forum all that much. but on the other ones im on there are a lot of people that have some retarded ideas about octane. so my mistake

14. QuikStang01Lx

QuikStang01Lx DiscountMotorsports.net

people here have the same ideas. The new 05's (and + id imagine) have that feature. :thumbup: