Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

05 v6 Sound?

Discussion in '2005-2010 V6 Mustang Tech' started by hitmankb, Dec 24, 2004.

1. Dutch

Dutch New Member

I usually hate all appearance mods, but your car looks f'n great.

2. nica

nica BOSS '05

Yup I have to agree - eventually I want to replace the exhaust for an even better sound & more hp but I'm plenty happy with I got off the factory.. Picked my baby up for Thanksgiving and I've been living the dream since then!
    Doesn't sound better the 350Z (I had one of these too), sounds different but equally pleasant. It's not as deep but it revs really well.

My screamin' yellow 4.0 is virtually identical to WinterHawk's - I haven't put the hood scoop on yet but I've got the black hood stripes, fender badges, quarter panel window louvers and hood pins, + added interior trims - believe you me when it drives by no one mistakes this baby for anything but good ol' ponycar muscle.

ps: If anyone has tips to add hp to the 05 4.0 coupes let me know - most systems I find online so far are either for older models or for the '05 GT, and I'm quickly getting %$#% tired of GT owners snubs....

3. maxpayne35

maxpayne35 Yankees > RedSox

great lookin car man... ever think about gettin c piller panels and maybe painting the wing black?

4. WinterHawk

WinterHawk I feel the need.....

Hey bro... got some pics? Love to see'em... yea, I'm tired of the V6 bashing, but the mod's here seem to do an excellent job of squashing it! :thumbup:

Somewhere on here, other 3.8 V6'ers were bashing the new 4.0 V6's and their sound, etc ... Heck, it's getting bad when one of your own get's into the bashing too!? I think he was a little PO'ed, as he referenced some 16 year old kid who had just bought a new 05 V6, or more likely his parents bought him one (at least it wasn't a V6, he'd probably kill himself or worse, somebody else, with it?) and he was a little jealious? Heck I'd be jealious too, but wouldn't lump all 05 V6's because of one bad apple/experience?

5. WinterHawk

Thanks, appreciate that!

Yep, sure have... but am holding off on the mods for a bit... I have put alot into what I got on her now.. but do have rear window louvers on order! :) But won't be available until April :(

The rear spoiler is real easy to get to and take off for painting.. am still waiting to figure out if I want to do that or not. Might come up with some sort of vinyl stripping for it, length wise, or just paint it? Am still undecided...

6. nica

nica BOSS '05

I hear you. I have the louvers on order, + C-side scoops and a rear lip that fits over the back bumper.

You should totally paint the spoiler black! I wish I already had pics to upload to show you. I kept going back & forth for a bit too, didn't want to put too much black into the car - finally did it & I was really happy, it totally sets the car off in the back - she looks just like a '69 '70 Mach 1 - :lol:

What kind of tires do you have one btw?

7. nica

nica BOSS '05

Yeah totally - sounds just like someone who wants to trash what he can't have - I mean sure you can always make it sound better. I still think the straight off-factory sound is nothing to be ashamed off.
    There's a long stretch of flat, open road I often take on the way home from work. All the passersby turning heads when I push the throttle certainly seem to agree with that statement!
    :)

I'll try to have pics online in a week or two - I'm waiting for the latest batch of parts to come in, then I'll give the paint a nice buff..

8. WinterHawk

Cool on the mods on order!! Where ya getting the "rear lip" thinky? Here's a link to the tires...
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+#1+NASCAR

9. nica

nica BOSS '05

10. drew_shipley

drew_shipley Bullitt #5023

My suggestion: Paint the spoiler black, c-pillars, some louvers on the back window, and a GT bumper with dual exhaust and it'd look amazing... actually it already does, but still it'd complete the package. :thumbup:

11. dafaic

dafaic New Member

I love the way my car sounds and all i did was swap the muffler for a 50 series flow. Another 05 4.0 owner here in town was like start it up let me hear and he was like where ya get it and how much cause that is the next thing i am doing. And i feel sorry for anyone that thinks it sounds like a tractor because that is retarded never thought a gas engine could sound like a diesel powered anything. And no it does sound like unleaded gas powered tractors either.

I am leaving the exterior alone until i can afford the Eleanor Body kit with functional side exhaust. I am thinking i will do that and then follow up with a supercharger. Goal is a 4.0 eleanor that runs high 12's.

12. drew_shipley

drew_shipley Bullitt #5023

:thumbup: I can't wait to see it. Good choice :thumbup:

13. emperorx1984

emperorx1984 Custom User Title

Thats the hottest 2005 Stang Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. wilderness

wilderness is god

Winterhawk, your car is awesome man. I love those tires. I would also say to paint the spoiler black and then be done with the black after that. Your car makes me wanna buy a red 05 and do the same thing.

15. WinterHawk

Thanks guys.. appreciate it!! In a couple of weeks I should have my rear window louvers in... for now though, here is what she should look like once I get'em installed.. (a little photochop... :))

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Sublime782

Sublime782 New Member

Great looking car! Anyone else think it resembles an old Boss 302?

17. emperorx1984

emperorx1984 Custom User Title

That's exactly what I thought! :) Freakin' ssshhweeeet. :thumbup: I am awaiting for pics and posts of the new '05 Eleanor body kit

18. deepcave2

deepcave2 New Member

I have just recived my 2005 4.0 convertable. I am having a GT take off bumper cover installed on Tuesday and a ForceFlow Super Delta 40 cat back system installed on Thursday of next week. I will post the sound and look next weekend. By the way, if any one wants to put stock fog lights on their new 2005 V6, you have to change out the front Bumper Cover. :eek:

19. deepcave2

deepcave2 New Member

Two things, Which CAI system did you use and who did the tune. I am looking for a tune form my 4.0. I will have the dual exhaust on next week and am modifing a Volant CAI system as well. I have put 235/55 wr17 on Bullit rims with spinners. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

20. Merlin

Merlin New Member

ROFL!!!! :lol:

BTW that yellow 05 looks badass.