Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

07 V6 4.0 Tune adjustments with SCT X3

Discussion in '2005-2010 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Bwood270, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Bwood270

Bwood270 New Member

I have a 2007 Mustang V6 Convertible Premium with Pony package less than 80k miles. Just installed a new SR Performance CAI and Throttle body Spacer. I bought a SCT X3 3000 Tuner and upr sent me 3 custom Tunes. 87 performance, 91 performance and a 93 Performance tune. I'm running the 91 right now and love the added mods. I sent an email asking what was set and received the following back:

Basically all 3 tunes correct air fuel for the car, up the rev limiter to 6350, firm the shifts up a little (more can be done on the handheld), and spark changes per tune for the fuel.
    Max Spark
    stock = 17.78
    87= 20.28
    91= 23.78
    93= 32.00

I wanted to make a few adjustments when I load the next tune but have a few questions I am hoping someone here could help me out?
    I'm wanting to feel the shifts in the auto trans a lot firmer and the shift point maximized in the 91 tune and especially the 93 race tune. I can make several changes with options before loading the tunes, but being new to this type tuning I am not sure what settings are best to get the maximum results in performance without over pushing the car? Anybody have any experience here that could possibly help me out on the info.