Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

100mm Tensioner Pulley Upgrade

Discussion in 'V6 Mustang Articles' started by One Bad Sixxx, Feb 12, 2013.

1. One Bad Sixxx

One Bad Sixxx Twin Precision 4.3L V6

I did this long time ago, and posted the How-To on V6P. So here it is here, for those needing extra wrap, and lessen your chance of belt slippage when running a blower. So I went out and got it done, took pics with part numbers, for the case if anyone else is gonna wanna get this done. So, this morning started and went to Napa after class and told the guy what was up, and he right off the bat knew what to go for.

Heres the 100mm Tensioner Pulley [PN: 38002) still in the box...
    DSC01869.jpg

I gave him the part number [6203] to the bearing and...
    DSC01868.jpg

Compared the extra bearing to the bearing that was already in the pulley and it was a perfect match. Pics with them both out of the box...
    DSC01870.jpg

DSC01871.jpg

Youll see some space in there, where youll be able to snuggle in the extra bearing...
    DSC01872.jpg

Took a socket, and a small hammer and gently tapped it in. Youll know once its gotten to the point where it wont go in any farther. Youll see that it looks like theres still "space" but its really just the way the outer edges are curved on the bearings, though theyre indeed touching.
    DSC01877.jpg

I didnt bash it in too much, to the point where I started to push the other bearing out of place, so its still pretty flush...
    DSC01876.jpg

And voila. Heres the outcome...

DSC01873.jpg

DSC01874.jpg

I'm running the Reichard Racing 3.2" billet pulley in my set-up, which is why I did this tensioner pulley enlargement.

Here's a picture without a belt.
    IMG9568071.jpg

Here's one with the belt installed without tension.
    IMG953658.jpg

Here's with everything installed, tension on the belt.
    IMG95680701.jpg [/QUOTE]

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2014
  2. Derfdog15

Derfdog15 Active Member

Sorry to resurect something so old. I assume the install process is the same as installing a new normal sized tensioner pulley? And that the bolt used remains the same?