12 second cars for 7k or under?

DerangedGoose

ಠ_à²
is it possible? ive seen some 12 second integras on ebay for 9k. my friend has a CTS for a daily driver, and wants a cheap, fast, sleeper for fun around town. i saw one very tastefully done JDM integra. laguna seca blue with black wheels and a jdm front :thumbup: any ideas guys? preferably way under 7k

WhiteSaleen248

Search And Destroy.
Im sure it can be done. Buy a civic/integra/crx and something of that sort. Im sure you can find a shell for 1k or something. Then put 6k into the engine, strip it of parts except the front driver seat. And walla! 12 second car.

buddyantunez1

00' 3.8L v6
Im not big for imports, but your easiest way to get a cheap car to go 12's or faster is to get a hatchback shell and swap a b-16, 18, ect.... nitrous and build it up. Or you can tke the domestic side and buy an older foxbody 5.0 for a few thousand and build it up also. Possibilities arte unlimited when it comes to making fast cars, just depends on the setup you want. Go for the gold and buy a 5.0 for the win:thumbup:

J snazzy

Cuttles!
Can we say 5.0 anyone :lol:

They would completely take out the honda for dollar value.

I knew a guy who had a hatch with a gsr motor, ran a 13.2.

You ever look at how muhc honda motors are :wtf:

The 5.0 will do it much better, + RWD :thumbup:

If you have 9k, buy a 5.0 for like 4k, buy a ford racing motor for about 3500 I believe, then ****ing throw a 150 shot and you should be running that, with slicks.

J snazzy

Cuttles!
NM, I see you say 7, so avoid buying a new motor.

If all you have is 7k, honda is out the question. GSR motors are like 4k. :thumbdown:

99pony

Its not going to happen unless you buy something with alot of miles on it. Otherwise you will have to build it.

Flyboy 06

Hi, Im your pal Greg
I just saw a 9 second camaro on spray for like $3500 on ebay, I dont know what it sold for, but thats still fast. It ran in the 11's without the nitrous, and it had a full role cage.

99pony

Another idea would be to buy a car with a rebuilt title(wrecked) but the resale value would be next to nothing.

J snazzy

Cuttles!
DerangedGoose said:
alright so can it be done with a foxbody?

Everything :lol:
H/C/I give a lot of go
You can do forged pistons/bottom end and throw a huge shot of nitrous on.

IF your are familuar with carbs, you can look for lower year foxes.

The years I was always looking at was 89-92, they came with forged internals already and are considered probably the best of the foxbody world. I suggest you look at some forums and start reading alittle bit more about the world of 5.0s :D :thumbup:

SFrymyah

Hi, I'm Steven
J snazzy said:
NM, I see you say 7, so avoid buying a new motor.

If all you have is 7k, honda is out the question. GSR motors are like 4k. :thumbdown:
where are you finding GSR motors are 4 grand? i can have a GSR motor to my house by next week for under 1500. i might even get lucky and find one built

04stangv6

deff 5.0's. theres a few 5.0 around here in good shape with all the basics for like 4-5k. and u drop a turbo or sc in and u deff got a nice car:thumbup:

J snazzy

Cuttles!
SFrymyah said:
where are you finding GSR motors are 4 grand? i can have a GSR motor to my house by next week for under 1500. i might even get lucky and find one built

Online, that was always the cheapest I could find when I wanted a hatch.

J snazzy

Cuttles!
04stangv6 said:
deff 5.0's. theres a few 5.0 around here in good shape with all the basics for like 4-5k. and u drop a turbo or sc in and u deff got a nice car:thumbup:

Well, he lives where I live, so finding that good 5.0 for 4-5 k is hard, thats why I asked him about carbs.

mkmatt

I've posted it before, but yea...

You can easily get a sub 12 second car for 7k or less...

04stangv6

this kid at my school was askin me what would be fast for 7k. and i was like get a 5.0 with sc or turbo and ull be set. the kids like nah i want civic or eclipse with a turbo and ill rule all :uhh:..he got a turboed eclipse and gets raped everyday by local schoolbuses:lol:

mkmatt

04stangv6 said:
this kid at my school was askin me what would be fast for 7k. and i was like get a 5.0 with sc or turbo and ull be set. the kids like nah i want civic or eclipse with a turbo and ill rule all :uhh:..he got a turboed eclipse and gets raped everyday by local schoolbuses:lol:
People underestimate teh five ooooh :evil:

04stangv6

mkmatt said:
People underestimate teh five ooooh :evil:

everyone i know who has half a brain when it comes to cars and they hear the word 5.0 they usually just get this **** eatin grin. :lol: :