1990 Foxbody LX 5.0

yodacode43

Horsin' Around
Hey everyone!

This is essentially Yodman 2.0. :) AKA Cody.

I'm coming back to the Mustang world. I have a nice autoX/track project that I've started work on.

This is my intro for my 1990 Twilight Blue LX!

Aesthetics:

-Respray
-4" cowl hood
-17"x9" Bullitts
-245/45 and 255/40 tires (old rears were bald...changed two tires and rotated)
-Tinted windows
-Rear seat delete
-Corbeau GT seats and harnesses

Structural/Suspension:

-Welded 6-point cage
-MM UCAs and LCAs
-Uprated swaybars F&R
-Eibach springs
-Tokico shocks/struts
-MM CC plates

Engine/Drivetrain:

-STOCK 5.0 longblock with ~60k
-BBK shorty headers
-2.5" h-pipe, de-catted, Flowmaster 40s, dumped at rear axle
-MSD 6AL box and distributor
-Aluminum driveshaft
-RAM HD clutch
-T-5 HD
-Freshly rebuilt 8.8 with Auburn locker, 3.55s, 80W-90 oil, and reinforced girdle with cap preload

Plans:

-GT-40 heads
-B303 cam
-Run side exhaust
-Stickier tires (any suggestions?)
-Disconnect rear swaybar (for more rear end traction)
-RECLINING SEATS

Photos:

yodacode43

Horsin' Around
Hey Justin thanks for the welcome!

Well, I haven't had a Mustang since I traded my blue 2011 in January 2012. So I've just been away from the site a while.

Never lost my love for the cars, just didn't have space or money for one along with my VW project until now!

RustyRodder

Dumbass. That's you.
why not use your old name?

Lot of friends who Auto-X like the nitto 555 or NT05. Ive also heard good things about the mick thompsons.

Why side exhaust?

greensteeda

Retired Speed Racer Mod. Suck It!
Very cool. I'll be watching the progression. As for tires, I really like the Nitto NT-05s. They are grippy enough to have some fast laps on and last a long time.

yodacode43

Horsin' Around
Welcome back cody. Where have ya been? Looks like a fun project!
Hey Justin, I have been out of a Mustang since January 2012, so I just didn't log in anymore. Plus money and space were an issue but are no longer.

why not use your old name?

Lot of friends who Auto-X like the nitto 555 or NT05. Ive also heard good things about the mick thompsons.

Why side exhaust?
I agree with tire choices. Just gotta get the money together. The KDWs on this car are super old.

My old account is no longer accessible. The password has long escaped my memory and I haven't been able to get contact with a mod to get a new one set.

The side exhaust would be to keep a little more noise out of the cabin. The dumps provide a bit too much bass for my liking under normal driving conditions.

Very cool. I'll be watching the progression. As for tires, I really like the Nitto NT-05s. They are grippy enough to have some fast laps on and last a long time.

Thanks Greensteeda, I just read through the last 20 pages of your thread. What a long way both of your cars came, both the old and new. I am doing my tire research now.

yodacode43

Horsin' Around
Sad. Mustang started leaking gas after last autocross. Filler neck grommet is leaking quite a bit. But no big. I have the part to replace it, I'm just being lazy about doing it.

yodacode43

Horsin' Around
SILENCE! I KEEEL YOUUU!

I miss my car already. I parked it for the year on 8/28 because of the gas leak and because of insurance being far too expensive in Michigan. Just wait until I turn 25 next year. Dang, I have been on and off this forum for 5 years.

Anyways, yeah. Here is a picture.

yodacode43

Horsin' Around
I don't always fail the first time, but when I do, its when I'm most confident that something actually posted.

Should be up now.

yodacode43

Horsin' Around
So. Fuel leak.

Top of the fuel tank started leaking in August. I parked the car. Leak stopped. Just got the car out again and filled it and the leak is bad. Obviously stops once it reaches a point. Gonna fix it tomorrow night. I have the parts. Just sucks. Dropping a tank that's gonna be at least half full... well I'll use a jack I guess haha.

Otherwise, car is phenomenal.