Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1993 SVT Cobra VS. 2005 V6 Manual

Discussion in '2005-2010 V6 Mustang Tech' started by HalfAcidic, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blainestang

blainestang 3 Mustangs, 0 Spoilers

Yeah, I'm not calling BS on your stories or anything like that... Anything can and does happen on the street on occasion.

That said, I'm simply letting you know what should happen "on average", if you will.

For instance, something was seriously wrong w/ that LS1 F-body. Honestly, that's what should have happened against a 3.8L F-body, not an LS1. That's not to say that I think it WAS a 3.8, but whereas a 3.8L would get pulled by a few cars by a 4.0, an LS1 should put BUSLENGTHS on a near-stock 4.0 from any speed. Again, I'm just saying what should happen, I'm not denying your story.

Oh, and w/ regard to 5.0's... you don't want to get into a bang-for-the-buck modding battle with a 5.0. The 5.0 is probably the second cheapest engine to mod in existance, with, if anything, the Chevy 350 being the cheapest.

2. Tesh'z01

Tesh'z01 New Member

I understand u love ur car man but u need to look at the specs of the car on paper and ON THE ROAD. Obiviously driver error is something that can make ur v6 beat a v8, but just face the fact that most, yeah MOST v8s will beat u. And for that **** about my v6 being a lot slower then a stock 4.0 u r retarted, i said it had bolt ons, (exhaust wit hi-flows, intake, pullies, t-lok, predator tuner) and i bet that car would beat the new v6, so i DO know wut im talkin about. And i've raced 2 4.0s in my 99 gt and DESTROYED them, and that was on the highway wit the v6 flooring it first, and my car runs [email protected] with 2.2 60'. If u know anything about the track you'd know the car is capable of 13.8s at least with traction that i didnt get from my **** nexen tires. And z28s kill me so ther was really something wrong with that car.

Mod ur v6 man, just dont think it can run with the big boys stock. ( and im not saying mine can either its got a lot of work ahead).

3. Dennis1417

Dennis1417 Well-Known Member

Bull ****ing ****.

[​IMG]

4. HalfAcidic

HalfAcidic Hoof Beats - Feel it.

it takes a lot for a pre 05 v6 to beat a 05+ v6, considering the same mods done to a 05+ will give more HP

5. punypony

punypony Sleeper

:uhh: :disgust:
    C'mon Blaine you know you wanna say Bullshit...just say it. :thumbup:

As far as beating the ls1 bullshit, I have beat a gto at the track, but im not diluded enough to think that my car is capable of beating ls1's, truth is he probably missed a shift or just let off.

6. 97mustang3.8l

97mustang3.8l $500 DX Killa

i dunno but you guys wanna hear a pretty funny race try taking your stock 97 mustang with exhaust and racing a wrx from a 50 roll

i got my feelings hurt to say the least

7. blainestang

:lol:

Haha... hey, I virtually never call BS.... I just point out the facts.

Which are:

LS1 >>>>> 5-speed 99-04 GT >> 5-speed Hatch/Coupe 5.0 >> 4.0 V6

As unlikely as it is that a 15-second car will pull on a low 13-second car, it could happen if the guy hits it after the V6, then misshifts, and then puts it in the wrong gear... and forgets that you're supposed to floor it when you're racing.

Anything can happen, so I think FACTS are the best way to address this kind of stuff.

8. punypony

punypony Sleeper

:lol: :lol: your such a nice guy, i like the round about way of calling bs.

9. blainestang

I think this is the real point here. Stuff happens... like me having the lead over an E55 for 1/8th mile (in the 6)...

You can't take random, statistically insignificant experiences and use them to form the basis of a generality... you need to use the facts of the generality, and use that to form an educated guess for any given random experience...

If that makes any sense :D

10. blainestang

Well, I try to be nice about it...:)

Unless, of course, someone just continues to ignore the facts... then I don't feel bad :lol:

11. punypony

punypony Sleeper

damnit blaine quit pussyfooting around and call it!

To the person who is claiming all the kills, you very well could have beat all these cars; although; A) it is not plausible, B) not something i would brag about, C) nor something i would use as an instance for dick swinging.

Ls1>>>>>>>99-04 GT>>>87-93 Hatch/Notch>>>94-98 GT>>05-07 v6

12. blainestang

:D

13. punypony

punypony Sleeper

Bahhaha...fine...I think we all know whats up now though.

14. tomzac

tomzac 232 or 330

What are you smokin? For equal or less than what you spent on your v6, you can buy a 5.0 Fox, build the motor and suspension, and turbo it. Yes you have a nice car.

15. HalfAcidic

HalfAcidic Hoof Beats - Feel it.

most of the people here have good points. thanks :thumbup:

16. Jaybyrd

Jaybyrd New Member

OK rather than quote every post and reply 1one1 I'll try to clear thing up in one post with out quoteing

1) I wasn't swinging my di*k and and claiming a 4.0 could kill any V8 on the steet consistantly, I was mearly incouraging HalfAcidic with a story that did happen to me.

2) I'm fully aware that a late model Z28 should have blown me away, but he didn't for a reason I can't explain because he didn't talk to me. Like I said it could just be that he didn't have the guts to try and pass at 100mph on a narrow 2 lane road at night.

3) When I said "Fox body guy that spent the same money" I meant the same money on mods. I can do a tune and exhaust upgrades for about $400. The same amount of money spent on a 5.0 will not net the rewards you would see on a 4.0

4) This one I will quote.....
    As far as beating the ls1 bull****, I have beat a gto at the track, but im not diluded enough to think that my car is capable of beating ls1's, truth is he probably missed a shift or just let off.
    If you can beat a GTO (with the new 500HP Corvette motor)AT THE TRACK, where there is no reason for the opponent to hold back and he would certainly have his car ship shape. Then why am I the one swingin my di*k about a street race against a Camaro when I clearly stated that he may have just not wanted to pass on a 2 lane???

5) I would like to say thank you to the folks that have been objectionable about this whole thing, including Blainstang and to an extent Teshz'01 in his second post for acting like adults and listing to the facts here.

Anything can happen on the street, sometimes a car that has no bussiness running away does it anyway, but calling BS on a story about one incident and acting as though I said I could outrun the space shuttle is jumping the gun. Relax children, it was a one time thing and no matter how it should have gone it went my way and I had a blast.

17. Jaybyrd

Jaybyrd New Member

BTW I want to add a little something.

I am 38 yrs. old, from what I gather most members here are in their early 20's. When I was your age I had a 78' Trans Am and I was just as "Gung Ho" as most of you are now. That 78" Trans Am was rated at 220HP and that was in the days before dynos, we know now that a 78' Trans Am made more like 180HP but back then I was smokein your daddies cars with it anyway. Technology is a wonderful thing.

The main reason I bought this car was because it reminds me of that 78' T/A.

In my day we didn't talk smack and piss in the wind, we lined em up and ran em. When it was over the loser tipped his hat and the winner shook his hand. You guys are driving Mustangs, THANK GOD!!! Why act like your too fast and furious,,,, leave that for the ricer crowd..... They suck we should stick together and fry rice together, it's the American thing to do.

18. Dennis1417

Dennis1417 Well-Known Member

LMAO :lol: :thumbup:
    You are retarded 38 year old dude.

19. punypony

punypony Sleeper

It was an 05 GTO (400hp), he missed a shift and coasted to an 87mph trap speed....that instance was merely to suggest that; yes anomalies occur, but beyond this instance i have never used that as a basis for comparison, nor do i practice the bs that many of this forums members say oh my car beatXXX car so im as fast as XXXX car at the track. I let my timeslips do the talking period, to further add to this i don't race against other drivers i race against myself, and further more i keep it at the track. I would expect someone who has 16 years of driving experience, and 38 years of life to refrain from street racing on a two laned road, and to exhibit more maturity. By no means am i chastising you for doing what you do i would just expect different. I apologize if i don't approach things in the most objectionable way but i don't tolerate E-BS. period.

20. Tesh'z01

Tesh'z01 New Member

Yeah leave the street racing to the 20 year olds like me :lol: . Also at the track ppl **** up even more than the street, maybe he didnt get traction and missed shifted, thers no way u would take a gto even lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.