Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1993 SVT Cobra VS. 2005 V6 Manual

Discussion in '2005-2010 V6 Mustang Tech' started by HalfAcidic, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. punypony

punypony Sleeper

Durp Durp....i clearly stated that ;)

2. Kuplex

Kuplex Retired Admin

04 GTO: LS1 ~350hp
    05 GTO: LS2 ~400HP
    C5 Corvette: LS1 ~350HP
    C6 Corvette: LS2 ~400HP
    C6 Corvette Z06: LS7 ~505HP

:) :thumbup:

3. Jaybyrd

Jaybyrd New Member

Thanks for proving my point so well.... You beat a car that should have whooped your azz and so did I!!!! Brownie points for both of us:eek: :eek: :eek:

The only real difference is that you know why. The driver of the Camaro I ran didn't give me any explaination. I don't go looking for races on the street,,, that race came to ME,,, and I still don't claim that I could have beaten him from a dig on the track or otherwise.

As for chastising me... I was challenged on a rural 2 lane road,,,, repeatedly,,, I just did what came naturaly. I live in a rural area and this all happened near my house at 11:30 at night..... not another car is site.

Since you seem so willing to say that sometimes a lesser car wins (yours against a GTO) can't you just accept that MAYBE,,,, JUST MAYBE another V6 beat a better car too? Or are you just so fuc*ing special that the sun only shines in YOUR backyard?

Man it must be nice to be GOD!!!! Damn, this all started because I encouraged a kid with a 4.0 to run a 93 Cobra owner who had been blasting him. I still think he has a chance, the Cobra owner must think so too since he won't race him.

You take things apart too much, I just told the kid to run the Cobra because I managed to beat ONE Z28 and Sh*t happens.

Some day you might get spanked by a Honda, and when he posts it on the JapCrap site I wonder if he will get so much jizz from his fellow chumps?

4. punypony

punypony Sleeper

:lol: Jebus....

The Gto wasn't racing man he was cruising along, I just happened to "beat" him to the end, i didn't beat the car, and i honestly didn't even beat the driver, he was gone till about the 1/8th mile and then missed a shift and gave up, he should be trapping around 107-110, he wasn't racing, but i was, and i was racing myself...as always, becuase my car is slow as piss. I'll admit you probably "beat" the camaro what ever trim model it was and what ever the circumstances may have been. but **** if we are gonna say that winning is winning then a turtle could beat my car in a race if its parked....

As for the god comment...i don't believe in the biblical sense of the word nor is there any real empirical evidence of such a being, therefore i cannot be god, unless of course there is empircal evidence that i am in fact GOD.

Im sure i will someday be beat by a honda, and if i was on a honda site and saw the same **** happening id be just as inquisative and skeptical.

5. HalfAcidic

HalfAcidic Hoof Beats - Feel it.

Its a good thing you live in KY dude, lol... And thats not a threat...

6. tomzac

tomzac 232 or 330

Hey, just a poor analogy, but money is money. All things being equal: If driver A spends $20K on a new v6 stang and $400 on mods. And driver B spends $2,400 on a used 5.0 Fox and $18K on mods...;)

7. Jaybyrd

Jaybyrd New Member

Well when ya put that way your absolutly right. I wish I had 18 grand to throw at mods. Then again if I had an extra $18,000 sitting around I would have bought GT and put a twin turbo kit on it.

BTW, I dig that blower, your engine bay looks mighty sweet. I like the way you took the screen out of the hood scoop so that you can see the pulley through the opening too.

8. Jaybyrd

Jaybyrd New Member

Truth of the matter is I wouldn't have run the guy if I knew it was a V8 Camaro. When it all started he was just a set of headlights in my rearview mirror makeing nervous with the way he kept chargeing my rear bumper.

I can't even say for sure it was a Z28, for all I know it was a V6 that was converted to a V8 with a crate motor from Auto Zone. When he pulled beside me at the light in town I saw the wide rear wheels and hear the unmistakeable sound of a V8 with flowmasters. It left me scratching my head and wishing he would roll the window down. Instead he just revved and and burned the tires awy from the light when it changed. I was in a left turn lane and I don't race away from lights in town anyway, you might as well have a sign on the car that says "arrest me"

Don't sweat the "GOD" thing I was drunk and getting a little sick of defending myself over and over about all of this. One of your fellow CF6 members invited me to your next meet, hopefully it will be at a track and we can see how a stock 4.0 does against your slightly modded 3.8 . That's not the start of a grudge race either, I just would like to see how they stack up.

9. punypony

punypony Sleeper

:) :thumbup:
    sure.

Glad we could bury the hatchet.

Im gonna go out on a limb and guess it was jerry.....and the drunk posting we have all ran into..myself, jerry..**** happens :lol:

10. Jaybyrd

Jaybyrd New Member

Yhea thats who it was. I llke the white bullitts on his car. I want to get deep dish bullitts for the rear of my car. If the color dosen't quite match the factory wheels I might have em all painted white.

11. tomzac

tomzac 232 or 330

How much did you pay for your 05+ v6?

And the blower pulley is outside/infront of the scoop.;)

12. Jaybyrd

Jaybyrd New Member

It's an 06' Deluxe, it has every option of the Premium other than the 'Shaker 500" stereo. I also got the red leather upgrade package which adds $870 or so to the price ($695 for leather and $175 for red). With the red leather upgrade you get the GT style seats which have a different stich pattern than the V6 leather and the leather is perferated like the GT. It was the biggest "must have" for me. Any way the sticker price was $21,925. I got it out the door for $19,500 which included tax, tag, title, and destination & delivery fees. I think before the tax and tag were added in I had them down to $17,900. Not too shabby since a V6 deluxe with cloth seats stickers for $19,215 before tax, tag, title and fees.

Before I even pulled off the lot a salesman from the dealership who owns a 05' GT offered me his bullitt wheels and tires for $350 so I bought em and sold the stockers to a guy at work for his sons 96' Mustang V6 for $300.

BTW if you don't mind me asking, why the very conservitive 6psi? I've heard that you can go to 9psi very saftly and even 11psi if your careful.

13. punypony

punypony Sleeper

Running 11psi un-intercooled wouldn't seem like a great idea to me.....

But MAtt was running close to 20 some odd psi with his m112 (with nitrous to lower the air temps.) but he blew that motor so...i won't get into it any further than that.

14. tomzac

tomzac 232 or 330

Maybe with a centri-blower. But roots is positive displacement and it's tougher on the internals. Full boost is almost instantaneous, even at idle.

15. Jaybyrd

Jaybyrd New Member

Okey Dokey, I don't really know much about blowers and turbos except that I want one.:D I didn't know different kinds of blowers had such different charicteristics, I intercooler part makes sense though.

16. HalfAcidic

i highly agree with jay, that pully thru the intake looks badass :thumbup: :thumbup:

17. Ooomph

Ooomph New Member

Jaybird - I'm just impressed that your 4.0 pulled to 115 in 3rd gear. The fastest I've ever gone in 3rd is 130mph and that's in my '03 Viper.

Also, confused on how you beat an LS1 Z28 (confirmed via exhaust note only...:wtf: ) that would have beaten the '95 Cobra that did beat you. Also confused on when GM started making 500hp Corvette-motored GTO's.

You talk a lot of crap for a 38 year-old dude.

BTW, I'm 37.

18. HalfAcidic

you are just starting the crap talk again. stop :disgust:

19. Jaybyrd

Jaybyrd New Member

Yhea I clearly stated that my 4.0 pulled 115 in third gear. Wake up butthead, 115 was at the top of fifth.

The exhaust note was a V8, I never said I could distinquish an LS1 from a pushrod V8 by listening to them through aftermarket mufflers. In fact I was pointing out the opposite. How did you make enough money to buy a Viper when you can't even read and comprehend a few simple words?

The extent of my knowledge on the GTO is that it shares a motor with the Corvette and I know the Z06 makes 500HP.

Obviously you posted to talk smack, it seems everythime this thing gets layed to rest another childish joker pops up to make an insult.

This one post has been disected over and over and explained in as much detail as humanly possible. Is it just what you people do for fun here or did this board get modeled after a jap-jockey site?

The thought of a Viper in the hands of a moron like you is very scary. But then the truth is probably more like your a 15 yr. old kid with a skateboard. If you are actually 37 it's time to grow up.

20. 97mustang3.8l

97mustang3.8l $500 DX Killa

lol im surprised you were stupid enough to think that he was stupid enough to say he pulled to 115 in 3rd gear

i beleive it was 400hp gto too

BTW, im 15

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.