Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1994 Mustang uphill acceleration issues

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Mark Y, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Mark Y

Mark Y New Member

I have a V6 1994 Mustang, base model. It is like new, less than 27,000 miles. I am the original only owner and driver. The problem I cannot seem to get resolved over the last few years is as follows: If I drive on level ground or down hill the engine performance is as expected. When I accelerate up an incline at speeds over 45 - 50 mph the engine starts to bog down. I have to let up on the gas petal then push the pedal back down to get it to keep accerating. I took it the a Ford garage and they said it was motor mount issues, which it isn't. Had the gas filter replaced twice. Friends suggested maybe the gas tank "sock" inside the tank may be clogging up or the catalytic converter may be bad or collapsing. Not sure what to do. Any advice, suggestions or remedies? Thanks.