Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2000 3.8L ecm and engine in 1998 3.8L?

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by edgar castrp, Nov 5, 2017.

1. douglass

douglass Active Member

sounds like its running great, what did you end up doing for the fuel rail? Any pictures of the rail you could post? What headers did you use?

I made some finishing touches to the tune today on mine. So far it runs real nice.

2. edgar castrp

edgar castrp New Member

I made a hybrid rail from the 01 returnless and part of the return rail from the 98 and i just have the stock headers from the 98. I had a 99 years ago and those headers are notorious for cracking which mine did so I prefer to use the 98 ones. I gutted the precats that's why the exhaust sounds the way it does. I'm hoping to tune mine once i get a tuner in my hands.

Attached Files:

3. douglass

douglass Active Member

Keep us updated with how the car drives.

4. 76Highboy

76Highboy Member

Nice job getting the swap done. Sounds good.
    I got mine done not too long ago. Still need a tune. One of these days I will post some pics.

5. edgar castrp

edgar castrp New Member

Shes running great as of now no problems at all and hopefully she stays running smooth. Today I'm going to add a small brass T into the lower manifold because the 98 wiring harness comes with two temp sensors where the 2000 lower manifold only has one 3/8 hole for a temp sensor.I have one sensor in which tells the computer how hot its running, but I'm not content with driving and not knowing myself how hot the car is running by looking at the gauge. I don't want to try and tap the lower manifold and **** it up so I'm going to add the tee where the 3/8 hole is on the 2000 manifold to make two holes for both temp sensors and I'm also going to try and clean up the engine by hiding a couple wires. I'll post some before and after pictures as soon as I'm finished.