Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2000 3.8L Wanting Nitrous

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Chris Henderson, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Chris Henderson

Chris Henderson New Member

No worries buddy. I've been called worse by my wife. Lol Sometimes us gear heads can be snarky. No biggie
    Anyways, you didn't need to edit. Some of it was funny forsure! :yup:

2. Chris Henderson

Chris Henderson New Member

Update: So far I am liking the quarter horse. Much easier tweaking the factory computer rather than starting over with a stand alone or sending chips everywhere. I want to see the afr or lambda while I'm spraying anyhow to make sure i dont kill it. My wife would be mad AF!
    Thanks again for the Quarter Horse lead

3. ffpletch

ffpletch Member

wow that has been fun ... ford engineer once told me they overbuilt the connecting rods in the 3.8 so up too 350HP is about the max

4. 08'MustangDude

08'MustangDude Profile Violation

This is one reason why Forums fail. People can't just answer a question, they'd rather
    piss all over you than answer it. If they're gonna take the time to insult you, and
    tell you where you can go look; that same energy could have just answered the
    question. This is one of THE WORST mustang forums out there. You can see
    it, by the low activity...

I actually took the time read the first post, and comprehend it (unlike others), and it's one of those kind
    of questions where it requires someone of some experience running Nitrous on this platform to help answer.
    It's got the basic information, what you wanted to use, and you're simple question in the end was one of safety.
    Yet, all you got was ****.... That's what happens when someone who doesn't know the answer, can't shut up,
    and has to post anyway to feel important. Or they read it, but didn't ACTUALLY read it, or more to the point, were
    too stupid to comprehend it.... If you don't know the answer, move on for ****s sake, don't write anything...
    Well, you see what happens instead, insults, douche-bag replies, and the like. People step, sure, but for the
    WRONG reasons. Their "ADVISE" is a pant load you didn't ask for...

In the end, the answer is, 50-75 shot. Most kits sold for this engine are 50-75, and don't go up into
    the 100+ range. You can use a universal dry, spray it in before the MAF so the intake air charge changes
    to cold, and fuel is adjusted by the ECU. You probably know, wet kits inject fuel and nitrous. You got more
    work with wet than dry, running fuel line to the injector(s). Almost any universal EFI kit will work. These
    are a returnless fuel rail system,.

Also, it's not the rods with 100+ shot, it's the pistons. They won't handle more than a 75 shot... Maybe
    a few times here and there, but eventually you will have a failure. There are kits with 50 to 125 shot jets.

Weight out your choices, remember it's the WIFE driving it, and make a decision.

Now, watch all the replies I get for calling out the ignorance of the other people...

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  5. TammyInfub

TammyInfub Member

even when not using the nitrous?

could this just be that he frequent blasts of nitrous thru the motor have cleaned it all out or that the ECU has learned that I like to drive for power not for economy?

Whatever it is I am not complaining

6. 08'MustangDude

Nitrous doesn't "clean out" anything... At most, the heat burns off
    some carbon deposits...

The ECU can't learn with sporadic blasts of anything. If you're spraying
    before the MAF, that's why fuel miles is effected when NOT using it. You
    need to keep the MAF clean, and more often if spraying it in before the MAF
    to lower the air charge temp reading. The MAF has the IAT sesnor in it as well.
    Eventually, the MAF will have a film on it, and effect fuel and air mix when
    not using the Nitrous, which is detrimental over time.

If you're wet, then that's also a no... You'll have to tune for a wet system for
    max performance, so if you're not using it you're still running on a tune for
    more power. It's harder to tune for a dry system, that's why people will put
    the foger nozzle before the MAF, or IAT to trick the ECU into thinking the air
    charge got cold, and will add more fuel...

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  7. Pete fender

Pete fender Pete Fender

It works best with an add-on chip.
    Either way, you will have problems because the PCM is tuned to factory specs, and Nitrous should only be sporadic, like at the track.
    If you race the car, tune it with the nitrous on.
    If not, what's the use?
    I don't think it is a mod for street AND strip.
    Computers control everything, and are supposed to eliminate oxides of nitrogen.

8. 08'MustangDude

These cars are equipped with WIDE BAND O2 sensors. The ECU
    can adjust more than you think. Just removing the EGR causes
    an adjust, because you now have more oxygen in the combustion
    process.

Just go DRY with a 50 shot, case closed...

9. fasterthanyou

fasterthanyou Active Member

These cars are not equipped with wideband o2 sensors. The 08 mustang dude is putting himself on a pedestal calling everyone on this forum an idiot yet he is honestly the most ignorant one on this forum... I blocked him long ago because of his posts that steer people in the wrong direction. Only reason I saw his post in this thread was because I wasn't logged in. I had to log in just to tell him that he is wrong (once again). These cars use narrow band o2 sensors.

Pete fender likes this.
  10. fasterthanyou

To view lambda/AFR in quarter horse you need to get a wideband sensor and controller such as AEM or innovate.

You wire the 5v signal wire from the wideband controller to the egr DPFE signal wire.

Then you go into binary editor, enable the wideband input and configure the scale in binary editor under the dpfe input.

11. 08'MustangDude

Show me where I called anyone an idiot, YOU idiot, oh there it is...

I would not mind steering you into a tree, with faulty air-bags... S'up slice, as in face...

You call me ignorant, proceeded by saying that I called someone an idiot; the very definition
    of hypocrite, or is that asshole, I forget... Oh, ha, or Wideband hypocritical asshole...
    No, that's right, you're an idiot (what!!?), so NARROWband hypocritical asshole...

I forgot we were talking SN97 and not S197s... So sue me. BLOCK me again, so
    I don't have to see your **** either, IDIOT; oh, there it is again... So, I did call
    someone an idiot now, three times. You accused me, so may as well do it, so it's
    true; IDIOT, 4th.

Gonna sling mud at me, I will throw **** in your face...

12. Pete fender

Pete fender Pete Fender

Ain't that special.

fasterthanyou likes this.
  13. fasterthanyou

I really don't even need to respond to that. You've proven my point time and time again.

Guys, would you really take advice from this person?

I'm honestly not the least bit bothered by your childish insults. I told you that you're wrong and you go off on some hysterical rant which really magnifies your immaturity and lack of knowledge in general.

Pete fender likes this.
  14. Pete fender

Pete fender Pete Fender

I think he's short.
    He seems to have little man's syndrome.

fasterthanyou likes this.
  15. 08'MustangDude

Your a big fat pig-eyed Hypocriciyal asshole; that's why you won't respond to it.

That's the problem, you're thinking, you might want to look into that.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  16. Pete fender

Pete fender Pete Fender

a-2.jpg

17. 08'MustangDude

Crappy analogy since grapes are used in "Wine." Hypocrisy makes the
    best whine, mostly from those who are hypocrites. Whine about your
    comment while making the same of their own. Whiny hypocrite, and no
    grapes are required.

18. Pete fender

Pete fender Pete Fender

Quit whining.
    Wah, wah, wah

19. fasterthanyou

Dude, that comment was the equivalent of my son calling me a poo-poo meanie head when I take his toys away. Take a seat. This is my last response to you.

Everyone go take a look at mustangdudes profile. He's clearly a troll and should be removed from this forum.

Pete fender likes this.
  20. Pete fender

Pete fender Pete Fender

He ought to post his hatred in Off Topic, but those guys have been a gang since this was 3.8mustang.com.
    They'd chew him up!