2000 mustang t5 swap

I have 5 speed swapped my mustang it has stock gears in it but when I hook up the speedo to the trans it just winds it all the way to 120 when I’m barely moving and I’m unable to get above 40 because it thinks it’s going 120 and cuts fuel is there any easy way to fix this other than just unplugging the sending unit by the trans

billegoat

Has to be either in the ecm being on an auto before, or it's a 01-04 t5 I don't know for sure when the speedo sensor change from gear driven to just a magnetic pickup but the signal frequency is
way different....

billegoat

Either a tune or a signal converter....I have a 98 t5 in my 04 and I use a Dallas mustang speedometer converter.

billegoat

Looks like the company has went out of business, the only option I know of is either find a used one, it's called a Dallas mustang speedcal, or buy a tuner and get someone like BAMA to write a tune to correct it.....

Sam36

I did the swap. I got an 00, can't remember the year of the T5, I think either 98 or 01.. But both were magnetic pickup. I had Justin at www.vmpperformance.com give me a tune to turn off all the stuff pertaining to automatic tranny, but I don't think speedo was an issue.

billegoat

My swap was using a 98 trans, but my car already had a manual, and it had the gears with a mag pickup, I could be wrong but I thought 98 or 99 was last year for the gear set up....