2000 mustang vibration

Spedly

I bought a used 2000 v6 mustang build date 6/00. I’ve been chasing down an rpm dependent vibration. I’m not sure if the engine in the car is the original or has been replaced at some point. Is there a way to tell if the engine should be internally or externally balanced besides the balancer and flywheel? The flywheel and balancer both seem to have weights cast into them. I replaced the balancer because the rubber was cracked and I thought maybe that was the issue but it didn’t fix the vibration. I’m running out of ideas so any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Sam36

Is it standard to auto transmission? I've had issues before with pressure plates not being balanced right (had to do a clutch job twice)

Spedly

Is it standard to auto transmission? I've had issues before with pressure plates not being balanced right (had to do a clutch job twice)
it is a manual trans. I’m going to put a new saches clutch kit in it before I put the trans back in just to be sure it’s not any of that.

Sam36

Yes Saches is the clutch kit I ended up using as well. My adventure was documented here: How Should T5 'Feel'?

I bit of old wisdom on externally balanced motors is to put the "heavy side" of the pressure plate opposite of the "heavy side" of the flywheel. Obviously the heavy side of the fly wheel is where the cast in weight is. And the heavy side of the pressure plate is the side opposite of any balance weights (they look like fat rivets along the rim of the pressure plate). So in other words, line up the weights on the pressure with the cast in weight on the flywheel.