Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2000 v6 clutch job help

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Zach18, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Zach18

Zach18 New Member

I recently did a clutch job and i know for a fact i did everything correctly seeing that ive done this plenty of times but ive never had the issue im currently having. When I give it a little throttle the engine starts fading off and dying but when i push the pedal down a little further it revs up normally. Now when I switch into first and start driving the car humps back and forth like craaazy. Everything was seated properly, flywheel put on the correct orientation, input shaft put into the splines straight, and correctly. Everything torqued to spec. Sometimes it goes smoothly when i give it a little more gas than normal and it doesnt do any of this. I cannot figure out what is up. Any advice?

2. six gun

six gun Active Member

Hmm that's an interesting one. Did you happen to disconnect or remove oxygen sensors under there while you were doing that job or anything like that?

3. Zach18

Zach18 New Member

Yeah I removed the O2 sensors by the cats and I did plug them back in.

4. six gun

six gun Active Member

I'm stumped I guess. And you put the throwout bearing in correctly and not facing the wrong way?

5. Zach18

Zach18 New Member

Yup! Im completely stumped too i cant figure it out.

6. Pete fender

Pete fender Pete Fender

Sounds like weak springs in the clutch plate hub, or at least the springs are of a different stiffness than you are used to.

Attached Files: