Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2000 v6 Completed Windstar Finally!! Stock Hood!

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Stephen K, May 8, 2018.

1. Stephen K

Stephen K Member

Windstar Finished Pic.jpg

Hey everyone!! It has been quite sometime that I have posted in here but I finally completed my windstar swap after a lot of careful planning! I plan on posting my video and some links to some parts and kits maybe once i hit some of the local junkyards. I am trying to keep the windstar spirit alive for my fellow v6ers. I will give a basic run down of what I did and why I did it. The most important deciding factor imo is stock hood clearance. This is something that one must consider when doing a windstar. This method required fabricating a remote IAC valve adapter, a (70mm) GT throttle body, throttle cable with ball and clevice (99-00 did not have them), angled throttle body spacer, and a coil pack bracket, throttle bracket. So it will take time if you don't have proper machine tools. One thing i wanted to mention is that the IAC ports need to be bigger than 3/8" or it will restrict the flow a bit. To fit under the stock hood a 3/8" NPT -5/8" Hose barb was threaded into the underside of the manifold solid, and epoxied for extra strength, worked great! To accommodate the GT Throttle body, i purchased a cheap ebay CAI intake for a GT and used the built in ports to hook up the hoses. I ended up using part of the v6 CAI, and the v8 so its a true frankenstein. But its common for most v6s to have the cheap $80 CAI so who cares, I used as much of the original vac tubes which worked pretty well. She definitely runs better with the new manifold on a bama race tune! Cleaned the MAF so shouldn't see any more rogue codes. But the power increase is tangible which is awesome, cant wait to see what a rear end swap will do. Maybe even hang with my rival car buddies 08 civc si. lol. Still want to clean tings up a bit but If anyone is interested in extra parts and or kits let me know and ill see what I can put together before i throw this crap on ebay. Hope you enjoy

James Carr likes this.
  2. James Carr

James Carr sleep-er noun = fusing speed with secrecy

Thanks for the Post always love pics please post more

3. Serpent

Serpent Active Member

Nice job!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephen K likes this.
  4. 1998232v6

1998232v6 2004 Silver Cobra

Nice work, where in IL are you located?

Stephen K likes this.
  5. Stephen K

Stephen K Member

I am currently located in park ridge IL

6. slithermgs

slithermgs Member

This looks great man!

Stephen K likes this.
  7. Stephen K

Stephen K Member

IMG_0006.jpg IMG_0100.jpg IMG_0107.jpg IMG_0143.jpg IMG_1004.jpg IMG_1028.jpg Heres some pics of the process of modifying the manifold. This took a long time to figure out all the variables but i felt this was the best way to go about the build, with some basic machining skills this can be done at home, so i hope to at least help a couple v6 builds with some kits since VAP auto is gone. A lot of the forums this stuff is on are aging as well so I felt it just had to be done LOL. Thanks a lot guys!

James Carr likes this.
  8. Stephen K

Stephen K Member

Park Ridge, around the northwest burbs mostly now

9. Stephen K

Stephen K Member

A couple more pics, if anyone needs to use me as a reference i can explain all the madness pictured ! NuDkx9+IQ6GI44jdcuPxqA.jpg IMG_0251.JPG IMG_0252.JPG

dchall89 and James Carr like this.
  10. 1998232v6

1998232v6 2004 Silver Cobra

You’re way up there then. Lol Nice build though. I always have respect for cars that are built by the owner.

11. billegoat

billegoat Member

So did you make the angled thottle spacer or buy it?

James Carr likes this.
  12. James Carr

James Carr sleep-er noun = fusing speed with secrecy

love that office chair, can you give us a few close ups of the linkage plate

13. calman1955

calman1955 New Member

Hey Bro ...Looking Good Nice Job ,thanks for posting ,We have a 05 v6 mustang running around in CentralFlorida ,Looking for the Windstar Upper Manifold Swap Out ,actually for a couple years ,,Be glad to take some parts off your hands..Lets me know , Glad to See some handy dandy Mechanics putting together Street Rides..Best WishesCal....

14. 08'MustangDude

08'MustangDude Active Member

This conversion is for the 3.8 V6 Essex motor, in the SN97 (Gen4), not the 4.0 V6
    Cologne motor in the S197s (Gen5). I have no idea how you missed that....