2000 V6 Mustang Turbo Build

toph6888

Damn that really sucks. Is the cylinder wall really screwed up in the engine? It looks like you might be able to get away with just a new piston that matches the weight and repairing/sourcing a new head. Hope it all works out, thats all super frustrating.

Turbang_6

3.8 Turbo Build Under Way
I ended up going with a regrind cam, I never got around to checking the push rod length and I have pretty loose valve guides. My buddy Jeff somehow or another ended up with a pair of supersix heads, one needs to be repairs and one it good, so I was able to buy the good one off him. Now I still have a pair of super six heads they both are fitted with the oversized valves. Jeff also had a 99 block lying in the yard that he gave to me for free so I am going to get the 99 block machined and I am going to throw the 3.8 forged internals into it. I would throw the 4.2 internals into it but then I would have to get the crank rebalanced and 2 new pistons and all new rings.

Just making sure, should I not use the block with the hairline crack in the cylinder wall?

Turbang_6

Damn that really sucks. Is the cylinder wall really screwed up in the engine? It looks like you might be able to get away with just a new piston that matches the weight and repairing/sourcing a new head. Hope it all works out, thats all super frustrating.
I am pretty convinced that I can't use the block I just got machined anymore unless I were to get 50 over pistons. When the valve snapped it sent little shards of metal through the intake runners into each cylinder and there is groves going up and down in the cylinder walls.

6 Shooter

You cannot use the cracked block for sure. In speaking with the guys that do heads all day long, they indicated the snapped valve is often due to valve head wobble due to too loose of valve guides, or those valve seat grinds to where the seat and the valve are ground at slightly different angles, a NO NO in a high performance motor.

dstaff

That doesn't look like a crack in the cylinder... It looks more like a scratch that can be bored/honed out.

Turbang_6

Well just an update for everyone, I am currently getting another block machined to put the 3.8 internals I have into it. I am going to also be getting my heads rebuilt soon too. I will probably start another thread when I get the block back from the machine shop.

I have the stock engine in the car right now that I turbo'd at 10 psi right now, she still rips it down the street. I am running the same old tune as well, so I might end up blowing up this engine but oh well, it's only the stock engine this time. :datass:

Spdricer

Man... i take my hat off for you my friend ...your patience and perseverance is admirable.. your ability to withstand and outlast when your faced with adversity is refreshing and inspiring... i think your on that final stretch for this saga and all u need is to last a little bit longer and ur blessing will be waiting for u around the bend i pray it all works out for the good for u...