Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2000 V6 Sounds like diesel all of a sudden

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by dimitridimak, Sep 29, 2017.

1. dimitridimak

dimitridimak New Member

Hello, so I recently took my car in to get a oil change and to get the car sprayed with rust proof under the car. The next day the car dies on the highway. Wouldnt start up. Took it to shop I get work done at they told me my 6th cylinder spark plug was mis firing they fixed it and I got back the car. All of a sudden it sounded like a diesel and wouldnt accelerate. Almost like a deep V8 to be exact. Took it back and they said mass air flow sensor was no good. So they replaced that. Still didnt fix the problem. So after a week they found at that the mass air flow sensor dumped too much fuel into the engine causing the catylitic convertor to go bad or rupture which made the fuel filter go bad as well. So they replaced all 3 of those and he car works fine now but they did replace the cat with a high flow cat. My car runs fine now but still has that deep sound like a diesel or a V8 is that because of hi flow cat or is it something else? My mods include flowmaster super 10 catback with O/R X pipe, K&N Cold Air intake. Thanks for any ideas or info

2. Serpent

Serpent Member

you have a cat on an o/r x pipe?

3. dimitridimak

dimitridimak New Member

yeah I have a cat back flowmaster super 10 with a o/r x pipe and now a high flow cat instead of stock cat

4. Spdricer

Spdricer Active Member

Whoever did ur oil change is conning u

5. pixapusho

pixapusho Member

Post some pics of this orx pipe with cats welded in line. Glad the car runs now. Sounds like they just threw parts at it until it was fixed. Off road x pipe has no cats to replace.