2000 v6 with 2004 4R70W please help

Bc4850

Ok I'm brand new here and need help asap please. I just bought a 2000 v6 mustang for a daily driver, the trans went out on me so I bought a 4R70W that I was told would work, well its installed now and the speedo is wayyy off so its throwing a P1270 code. Well i have done a little bit of research since then and realized that the gear that the oss sensor reads off of is not the same. So my question now is what is the best way to correct this problem? What kind of tuner can fix this if that is a possibility? Is there a TCU in these cars? will the TCU from the 2004 car work in mine and fix the problem? please excuse my ignorance here but I just need advice.

6 Shooter

Have a tuner go to System Switches, Scalars, Number of Holes For OSS Sensor and change the number to 12.

6 Shooter

Not sure if a Ford dealer could make the change. Some will just reflash back to stock which will not help. Suggest you call ahead and ask them specifically IF they can make a tune change for a tranny switch. You will likely have to ask to speak to the guy that reflashes the cars PCM. A service guy will have no clue. A service manager my know, but not know how.