Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2001 3.8 fuel line leaking at chrome disc connections

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by amcdv, Sep 10, 2017.

1. amcdv

amcdv New Member

hey guys I just bought a 2001 3.8 for $400 because the owner said it runs crappy....looking at it, I see fuel leaking from that round chrome disc that's inserted in the fuel line.....what is that disc for and should there be any clamps on the lines where it attaches...any thoughts...thanks in advance...amcdv

2. 76Highboy

76Highboy Member

I wish I could say for sure what it is, I think its some kind of regulator. It is easy to replace that section of fuel line though. Get one at a junk yard cheap or new online. Just saw one on ebay.
    That's a good deal on that car it sounds like!

3. 76Highboy

76Highboy Member

I actually have one from a parts car if you want it. From a 2001. I live in Idaho.

4. Captain Max Silver

Captain Max Silver Captain Max Silver

It's A Fuel Pulse Pressure Regulator, For Fuel Pump Spikes In Line. Shouldn't Leak Unless Hoses Are Brittle, Internally They Get Messed Up From Inside Out. Whole Line Is 1 Piece. If Having Problem Like, Engine Skipping From Lack Of Pressure Put Clamps On It For Now. Line Holds About 40Lbs. Pressure. But LQQK For New One. Had Problem Before. Hope This Helps!

5. amcdv

amcdv New Member

Yep...put some hose clamps on it and it runs smooth and strong....no hesitation or flat spots on acceleration...and a smooth idle too...best $400 ive spent in a long time...thanks guys....amcdv

6. Captain Max Silver

Captain Max Silver Captain Max Silver

Glad To Help! That's Great!