2001 D.I.Y. Holset Build

mustang024

Got the car done today!!!
Buttoned up the exhaust.
Primmed the motor
Loaded a base tune and she fired up. But she is barely idling.

mustang024

Yea was nervous. Had a coolant system issue but was A stuck thermostat.

Now I just have a minor exhaust leak on the hotside where the vbands mate up on driver side. Going to see what I can do to rectify this without cutting and re welding.

The kit must have warped. I know that I didnt have this issue when it was on the old motor.

Finally got I car idling some what smooth. Once I get that squared away then start street tuning!

Captain Max Silver

Captain Max Silver
Yea was nervous. Had a coolant system issue but was A stuck thermostat.

Now I just have a minor exhaust leak on the hotside where the vbands mate up on driver side. Going to see what I can do to rectify this without cutting and re welding.

The kit must have warped. I know that I didnt have this issue when it was on the old motor.

Finally got I car idling some what smooth. Once I get that squared away then start street tuning!
Just Got To Get Everything Settled Back In!! LOL Great Work!!

Turbang_6

3.8 Turbo Build Under Way

Try loosening the header bolts/ studs connect the v bands tight then tighten down the headers again. Might fix that issue

mustang024

Update deleted the abs because pump took a ****. have the car idling at a steady 14.9-15.1 AFR try to get this tuning thing figured out it is driving my nuts.

mustang024

wat happened with this
Got the car together. Tuning it myself and stumbling abit... have the gate on 4psi while tuning. Have fuel got to 4-5k rpm. This tuning thing is difficult with no guidance.

Then winter came it project stalled. This spring should have her good and then turn the boost up.

Spdricer

Got the car together. Tuning it myself and stumbling abit... have the gate on 4psi while tuning. Have fuel got to 4-5k rpm. This tuning thing is difficult with no guidance.

Then winter came it project stalled. This spring should have her good and then turn the boost up.
videos and pics or it didnt happen!