Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2002 Mustang Ride Height Problems

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Appearance & Entertainment' started by TwoClickMacVic, Aug 16, 2016.

1. TwoClickMacVic

TwoClickMacVic New Member

Hey all, while living out west where the roads are quite flat, I had installed a set of Roush Front and Rear Springs. Now that we are back east with potholes and heaving roads, I keep bottoming out! I was going to put the stock Ford Springs back in but Ford Dealership no longer has them available in the system.

Anyone out there have a set they are looking to part with.

Or is there another Brand that aren't as agressive in drop as the Roush are!?

Thanks

2. six gun

six gun Active Member

How low is it? Have a picture?

If you haven't upgraded shocks and struts with ones for a lowered car that will be a good idea to do. Also, there's a rubber bumper on the underside of the car above the differential if I remember correctly, and that's what you could be bottoming out on. There may be a different, lower profile version of that somewhere, or you can take a sharp knife and hack a good section of it off like I once did.

3. kitsune1324

kitsune1324 Member

I have a set of front and rear OEM springs from my 2000 v6 mustang. The rears are already out and I'm waiting to get my car back from the mechanic so I can change out the fronts with some coilovers.