2004 v6 3.9 problem

Seanasy

So I run the car the first time of the day and she runs no problems almost perfect park her and wait about 10-15 mins and she gives problems after I start her back up like a buckling or shuttering

I have replaced the IAC the Pvc, the egr the spark plugs the MAF the wires the coil pack the entire exaust ( due to stopped up cats ) the fuel filter and the problem persists the car only has 118 k on it and I can’t figure it out anyone got any suggestions or had this problem before please help I love my car but I’m losing sleep and hair over this
Also when the buckling / shuttering problem happens it almost feels like she’s choking and the problem got better after I replaced the exaust from the headers to the mufflers hookup ( both catalytic converters ) and the tubing

fasterthanyou

You're gonna need to view the datastream while its running rough to get a better idea of what's causing your issue.

Could be an o2 sensor. Could be a failing fuel pump. Maybe a coolant sensor thats acting up when warm? So many possibilities which is why you need to take the time to diagnose your problem instead of continuing to throw random parts at it.

fasterthanyou

if you have access to a decent scanner that displays real-time data streams I can try to help walk you through some things but if you don't then nevermind.

Seanasy

I appreciate the response and it wasn’t exactly throwing money at it just some stuff I was doing reguardless but this problem was the one that stumped me and 02 sensors was my next project on it I got them today just didn’t get to put them on

Seanasy

So I had a code pop for the bank 1 upstream o2 sensor so I replaced both and still have the same problem

Sam36

Could be fuel pump. Once it starts sputtering, give it a shot of starting fluid into the intake. If it revs right up and smooths out, you know you got a fuel delivery problem.