Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2005-2010 4.0 V6 Tremec TR3650 / TR6060 Adapter

Discussion in '2011-2014 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Nice Pony, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Nice Pony

Nice Pony Member

I originally developed this for my personal 2006 V6 Mustang. This kit is now available to everyone that is tired of the 2005 - 2010 V6 Mustangs poor quality stock T5 5-Speed manual transmission. Designed to work with the Tremec TR3650 5-Speed found in 2005 - 2010 Mustang GT or the Tremec TR6060 6-Speed found in the 2006 - 2010 Shelby GT500. Both of these transmissions are far superior to the Tremec T5 supplied in the V6 Mustang. Offering silky smooth shifting and much more strength especially for those that have broken or keep on breaking the T5 do to having a supercharged or turbocharged engine.

The adapter is made from aircraft grade 6061T6 aluminum for light weight, high strength and lasting durability. Sleeves are produce from pre heat treated EDT-150 hardened steel. Fasteners are metric grade 10.9 high strength pieces.

If planning on converting to the TR6060 keep in mind that the deferential gears will need to be changed to 4:10 because the TR6060 is geared way to high for the V6 application. Installing 4:10s will give basically a stock first gear ratio and the next 5 gears will all be nice and close together. Also for the TR6060 application you will need to source a GT500 cross member and have a 26 spline clutch disk fabricated. These are also easily obtained through online sources. Addtionally a circuit for the reverse lockout solenoid must be wired in.

This kit contains everything required to bolt the TR3650 or TR6060 transmission to the 4.0 V6 engine block. Customers must supply their own transmission, shifter and aftermarket aluminum drive shaft readily available from a number of online sources. Installation is reasonably straight forward. The front O2 sensors must be relocated and the instruction manual explains how to do this. Also it may be necessary to do some very minor clearancing with a Dremel tool. Some customers have found that no clearancing was needed. Very minor wiring needs to be done to hook up the speedometer and reverse light pigtails. All of this is explained in the supplied comprehensive installation manual that includes photos, bolt locations and all torque and fill specifications.

I have had the TR6060 transmission in my own 2006 4.0 V6 Mustang for over 60,000 miles with no issues at all. This includes plenty of trips to open road course days and autocross events.

[​IMG]

2. Bluethrobber

Bluethrobber New Member

I want it lol... the T-5 is such a pos trans

3. whitev6

whitev6 New Member

How much would that run some one?

4. Fred G

Fred G New Member

5. Fred G

Fred G New Member

I'd buy that adapter for the tr3650 to go in my 05 v6 mustang. Can you get that contact information to me so I can get a money order for that adapter .great product to get a better transmissin. Do anybody know if ther are any fifth gear to buy and replace stock gear for 05 v6 let me know.

6. Fred G

Fred G New Member

Did you get the contact info for the adapter ,and can I have that info so I can get one.