Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2005 Mustang Coupe Specifications

Discussion in '2005-2010 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Desdenova10, Sep 24, 2004.

1. Desdenova10

Desdenova10 Well-Known Member

Price: $18,500+
    Horsepower: 202HP
    Tourque: 235TQ
    Final Gear Drive: 3.31:1
    Gear Type: Tremec T-5 5 speed

Weight: 3,300 lbs
    Length: 187.6''
    Width: 73.9"
    Height: 54.5"
    Wheelbase: 107.1"
    Rim Size: 16"

Engine: 4.0L
    Displacement: 4,009cc
    Valvetrain: SOHC
    Cylinders: 6

Here is a pic of the car, http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/...ures/VEHICLE/2005/Ford/100076364/030337-E.jpg

Let the ownage begin...These are the initial numbers for this car, but at the same time, after doing some research online, i keep seeing 2 numbers for the HP, some sites say 210HP some just 202HP. Also a few websites said 240TQ but most were firm on 235TQ. No official 0-60 or 1/4 miles times yet.

2. slegos888

slegos888 New Member

i read on another board, this guy was talking about the new v6. he works for ford and says the the v6 made so much power they had to detune it to keep gt sales up. he also said that they are very fast and that with a chip gears and a cai that it will beat 99-04 gts and run up with the 2005 gts anyone else hear this type of thing its very impressive but i dont wanna get my hopes up!

3. Desdenova10

i heard that the engine and the whole set-up of the new mustangs are a lot more efficient. I don't know about them owning the previsous GTs, because those GTs do put out 302TQ and 260HP. That is quite a number to catch IMO. Especially the when it comes to tq. But who knows, if these cars are as efficient as they say they are we might be in for a surprise. I just wanna see the first 05 stang beat 300tq with some bolt ons. I think(hope) it will be possible in a few years. But they still gotta cut back on the weight of the car, still so heavy!

4. ZStang

ZStang New Member

First that picture is terrible! I've seen one in person and although its no where as nice as the concept its based on (not the GTR), its still decent.

It'll be interesting to see how these things perform. 3300lbs? '94 coupe V6 5spds weigh a little over 3000lbs! I highly doubt the new V6 will beat 99-04 GTs with just a chip.

99-04 GT = 4.6L V8 w/ 300TQ in a say ~3200lb (5spd coupe). So even if you got close to the hp #...nah:eek: Nevermind weight isn't even an advantage!

5. 2KSTANGFIRE

2KSTANGFIRE New Member

Is it true that the 4.0 is only for the 2005 model. And that after that a different engine will used in 2006?

6. ZStang

ZStang New Member

There are way too many rumors going around and i would take any info with a grain of salt. Also, Ford has a habit of turning their cars out late. My '98 could technically be a '99:wtf:

7. hitmankb

hitmankb King

Samething ive been hearing, Ive herd that its supposed to be replaced by the duratec 35.

8. V6 SSTANG

V6 SSTANG Part Time Racecar Driver

Everytime I see a picture of the 05, it gets uglier

9. slegos888

slegos888 New Member

i just found the post i was talking about where the guy said that the new v6 with minor mods will beat a stock 99-04gt it was on this board just incase u have trouble finding it between the four threads in this section here is the link
    http://www.v6mustang.com/threads/90383/ its the nineth post down and it was written by "pete"

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2013
  10. hpjunkie

hpjunkie New Member

i liked the car they had at the car shows, but the ones that started popiping up after that look horid in my opinion. And Ford should really consider looking up what people really think of the new stang. Then they will really know what the people want and expect, and not leave it to some moron engineers that dont know crap about styling. :thumbup:

11. pete

pete I like Ford V6s...I own 4

Until you work in the industry...you're just making assumptions about something you know nothing about.

Designers do the styling...not Engineers. The public's opinion has been very positive so while 100% may not agree on the style...the majority does like it.

Throw in government regs about crash, front impact, lighting, pedestrian protection, side impact etc.... Then you may start to understand why cars look the way they do.

12. Kuplex

Kuplex Retired Admin

Hey Pete, I remember reading about California bitching about the Shelby having lights close together in the grill. Shelby had to relocate them the next model year. Does that law not apply anymore, or do fogs and the high beams fall under different categories for federal/state regulations?

13. Desdenova10

i think that picture does do justice to the car. I've never liked it from the beginning. I hate going back in time!!! I want to go forward!!! It doesn't help when the car gets heavier either. :D Anyway i think its just rumors that 2006+ cars will have a different engine. But may be a few years after the 05 model, like i would imagine 2010, they will may be change the engine. I think it is all going to depend on how much this car is gonna sell. If this car doesn't sell, then bye bye Mustang they'll probably come out with a new car to replace the Mustang. Because since 1966 the mustang sales have been dropping, last year they droped 10% in sales. Which is hurting them a lot. I read somewhere in 66 they sold near 600,000 mustangs where last year it was 154,000 and dropping a lot faster. Because people are going with more efficient car these days, other companies making v6s...ugh its getting ugly out there. I don't think i would ever say this but, hopefully Camaros return will provide some fire in this industry.

14. ZStang

ZStang New Member

Desdenova10: Don't be so pessimistic. The styling is not the best but I'd definitely like to see what Saleen and the others can do with the styling. I think performance would be key and there are some assurances in that aspect...i mean how else do you explain a Neon being considered a performance vehicle;) No offense, 99Camaro:crazy:

15. CougarStang

CougarStang I do my own stunts

Pete you're still the man. Every day you just prove it even more

16. greatsave9

greatsave9 Well-Known Member

Its not like a turbo where a chip can drop you a second or more in the quarter mile. Its a SOHC, I bet a DOHC would obviously be faster and give it more power but I'd expect a high 14, low 15 with a really good 5speed driver out of this '05.

It is a posi rear (t-lok) or still an open rear? 3300lbs.... I remember some other car being 3300 pounds with 200hp and 225tq and it could pull a low 15..... V6 F-body anyone?

If its beating old GTs, its running a 14.0 flat or better? I doubt that but ya never know. Could be like those crazy 3.5L V6 Maximas that are pulling low 1/4 times. Course they are pretty light too. Only time will tell. At best Id give this a 14.6 1/4 with mods like exhaust, chip, intake ETC.... some will get. Its a base model car, won't be that fast.

17. hitmankb

hitmankb King

My question is and continues to be is the 4.0 better than what we have now? How strong is the block, how good are the heads, What about stroking it? Cobra232 has told me that its pretty much maxed out.

18. nikko

nikko Admin Emeritus Off Topic Moderator

Apparently the bottom end is the weak point - although the factory parts are supposedly good into the 350hp range.

The 3.8s have the supercoupe parts to draw from... the 4.0 has no equivalent. The aftermarket will have to address that.

19. Desdenova10

yeah i think you might be right, because now that i think about it, that GTR did look pretty bad ass i have to give it that. May be a matter of just getting used to it, but i was so dissapointed when i first saw it. Its like one of those things where i put my hopes up so high, imagining that it would be something very different then what we have seen in the past. But man that GTR, i drooled over that car when i saw it. I REALLY hope this car makes it in the market, i would hate to see the mustang go or get a bad name. I think though i like the way they went about the engine to make it more efficient. :thumbup: do may be a matter of time that i get used to it.

Neon, performance... :lol: that might be the fastest car in the world but still looks like a mutant baby of a i don't know what, a monkey? :lol:

20. hitmankb

hitmankb King

You know how slow the v6 mustang aftermarket is.