Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2006 Throttle Body Replacement

Discussion in '2005-2010 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Ponypride, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Ponypride

Ponypride New Member

My 2006 Pony seems to have the documented issue with the electronics on the throttle body. It is intermittent, but when the car is started it sometimes runs rough and goes into "safe mode." If I turn it off and restart everything is fine. I also get the orange wrench.

So it looks like I will need a new throttle body. Ford quoted me the Motorcraft part and it is a whooping $560. Apparently the V6 Mustang takes a "heated throttle body." I was wondering if anyone has replaced this with an aftermarket part. I would think that would be substantially cheaper and whatever part was installed, it would require a flash of the software. Any advise from fellow Mustang V6 owners that have had this problem is appreciated.

2. Armyofechoes

Armyofechoes Active Member

I bought one for $114 shipped from ebay, it's a stock own unit where it gets ported and polished, flows the same or better then the overpriced BBK junk, the guy who does it, everyone reccommended him for a throttle body, his ebay username is 618jerrys send him a message, he may not have one listed but gets them up and they go fairly fast. I've had mine with a 91 octane tune, cai, and am making 215 to the wheels, not too bad I'd day for a otherwise stock car