Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2006 Tune/CAI input

Discussion in '2005-2014 V6 Mustang Appearance & Entertainment' started by CEHollier, Nov 5, 2017.

1. CEHollier

CEHollier New Member

Hello all. This is a introduction/question thread. I currently own a 15 GT modded and tuned. I am familiar with those components related to my GT. My nephew just bought a 2006 V6 premium. He wants to do some mods and get a little performance out of his new car. From personal experience what tune/CAI are the V6 Mustangs getting the best results. I saw a JLT/BAMA/X4 tuner package on AM. Are any members tuned flex? E85/93 Any input is greatly appreciated.

2. DocBoyales

DocBoyales New Member

While on American muscle or any other site I'd look for Cai that specifically are labeled as needing a tune to work correctly. Those are the ones to get the most bang for the buck. Also running premium fuel makes a big difference. The exhaust not so much with the 3.7. I've seen people spend thousands and only get Max of 23 HP gain and that was with a guy tuning it at the Dyno dialing it in to squeeze out every last drop of go juice. So with the 3.7 I'd do the intake that requires a tune, Accel or some other good coils, the best plugs, throttle body upgrade, cheapest possible exhaust mod mainly focusing on cat delete type scenario and lastly the rear end 373 gears

3. CEHollier

CEHollier New Member

4. DocBoyales

DocBoyales New Member

You're very welcome.

5. CEHollier

CEHollier New Member

Beef Cake Racing is doing a canned tune for him with a JLT intake. I trust Terry he's treated me right with my GT. I know a lot about the Coyote motor from working on my car. Had to do a little research on the 6. I know my nephew will be thrilled with the mods. Also adding a Magnaflow catback exhaust. Thank you again for the input.

DocBoyales likes this.
  6. DocBoyales

DocBoyales New Member

Beefcake racing. I love it. That's cool as hell. Sounds like your nephew went to the right man. I'm really happy to see things coming along and people getting good results that make them happy. Thanks for the update. Lemme know how everything turns out in the end. I'm still learning as I go along as well so I like to see expected results and actual results etc. Any issues that came up and how they got resolved.
    Have a good day.

7. CEHollier

CEHollier New Member

Thank you. I've had great experience with Beef Cake. Terry has taken care of me. I did a GT350 manifold/LU47 swap. Lund tuned through datalogs and now my auto WOT shift is 7750 rpm. It pulls hard up to 7750. Got my nephew hooked on Mustangs. My brother bought him the V6. Now he want's to be like his uncle.