Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2007 no cranking wont start.

Discussion in '2005-2010 V6 Mustang Tech' started by 04srturbo, Jul 7, 2014.

1. 04srturbo

04srturbo New Member

just wanna say thanks for letting me join I hate to start out joining the forum with a technical question but I'm at my wits end.

2007 v6 5speed driving along and just shuts off. When you go to crank it it wont turn over at all. It only makes a rapid clicking sound coming fron the throttle body and all the dash lights rapidly flicker. Thought battery so tried another known good battery to see if it was it. It wasn't but replaced it because the battery ended up having a hole in it right where the terminalns rest against the side of the battery. So brand new batrery and same issues. I also have no power to the windows radio or ac and the key remote doesnt unlock or lock now. checked fuses seem to be fine. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

2. Markstang

Markstang Polishing my banhammer Staff Member

Were the battery terminals especially corroded? Check the actual cables for corrosion, It can be in the wire under the insulator causing many problems.

3. thatdude156

thatdude156 New Member

Three most common problems you could be having is

Starter
    Alternator
    Battery in the key fob