Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2009 v6 Mustang Supercharger Help

Discussion in '2005-2010 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Dalton Sanders, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Dalton Sanders

Dalton Sanders New Member

Hey v6ies.

I’ve been hunting down a way to slap a root style supercharger on my 09 v6 Mustang. Obviously, it has the 4.0L, steel block cologne v6 motor. The only third-party supercharger I could find was from Explorer Xpress and they are out of business.

My question for you all is, what root style supercharger can I find/salvage/buy that is compatible with my mustang. Is there a third party company that still sells them? Can I take the stock supercharger off of another ford/mercury vehicle (maybe a cougar, thunderbird, or explorer)?

Any help at all is useful. And NO I am not interested in trading it for a v8. And NO I am not looking to turbo it or Procharger it.

Thanks!

2. Tman1020

Tman1020 Member

Mod box makes a kit that uses a Eaton m 90 super charger. Not a bad way to go with the M 90 being so common and available. The x charger also used the m90. I have the x charger hi po on mine and love it. Last I heard explorer express still had one left.