2009 v6 Mustang Supercharger Help

Discussion in '2005-2010 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Dalton Sanders, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Dalton Sanders New Member

Hey v6ies.

I’ve been hunting down a way to slap a root style supercharger on my 09 v6 Mustang. Obviously, it has the 4.0L, steel block cologne v6 motor. The only third-party supercharger I could find was from Explorer Xpress and they are out of business.

My question for you all is, what root style supercharger can I find/salvage/buy that is compatible with my mustang. Is there a third party company that still sells them? Can I take the stock supercharger off of another ford/mercury vehicle (maybe a cougar, thunderbird, or explorer)?

Any help at all is useful. And NO I am not interested in trading it for a v8. And NO I am not looking to turbo it or Procharger it.

Thanks!

2. Tman1020 Member

Mod box makes a kit that uses a Eaton m 90 super charger. Not a bad way to go with the M 90 being so common and available. The x charger also used the m90. I have the x charger hi po on mine and love it. Last I heard explorer express still had one left.