2011 Gas Prices Thread

sgramer

Big LoZer
That also just happened to coincide with a massive financial sector crash, housing collapse, and ensuing global recession...

Sadly we are not in that great of shape. I have a feeling if gas hits 5 bucks again, we could be back at the bottom.

Shot up from 3.90 to 4.19 a gallon today... This is getting ****ing ridiculous.

Dang; It has been stable at 4.23 here for a week or so. I mean, that is high enough for me :uhh: suvks 4.39 for 91.

Zim

The Coors Knight
Motorcycle FTW. I haven't put gas in my car in almost 3 weeks. :love:

Depending on the bike, I can get around 35mpg or 50. I love 2 wheels...

BigEZ

Between two ferns
Motorcycle FTW. I haven't put gas in my car in almost 3 weeks. :love:

Depending on the bike, I can get around 35mpg or 50. I love 2 wheels...

I wish, I get 34 mpg regularly but i'd love to get 50 mpg.

BigEZ

Between two ferns
Yes... 110%. Homeboy shouldn't be following that close. (Yes, I'm aware he's not close at all)

He's pretty close, he locked up his rear wheel while braking. Watch it again.

Edit: not that that's hard to do, but it shows he wasn't prepared for it.

1998232v6

2004 Silver Cobra
Believe me, I know what motorcycle accidents are like. I was an intern with Springfield police and I saw a few of them. It wasn't really enough to scare me.

Zim

The Coors Knight
He's pretty close, he locked up his rear wheel while braking. Watch it again.

Yeah, I saw the smoke. That's just poor riding and not knowing how to emergency stop. He went too heavy on the rear brake and not enough on the front. If he was braking under control, he could have gone to the shoulder rather than right into the back of the car, and hopefully he could do it before the neon came barreling in behind him with all of his drum brake stopping power glory.

idioteque

Pine away for your banner years.
That also just happened to coincide with a massive financial sector crash, housing collapse, and ensuing global recession...

This is a really basic fact that not enough people realize. The value of gas took a dive with the value of everything else and the now prices are rebounding. It looks like gas prices are about to become the next wedge issue and I don't expect anyone to point out the simple truth of the matter.

PhantAZN

Taste The AZN
I just saw premium for 4.34/gal. That's getting pretty close to what it was when oil was $140+ a barrel a few years back, yet oil is still a good 20+% under that mark.

Domingo

LT's on a vert
For the last 2 days, half the stations have been at $3.79, half at $3.85. I went ahead and filled up at $3.79.

Alen

So lets tallk about real high gas prices.....
I have payed 120 dollars for a full tank! ITs been 86 Euros...and thats what I pay every week....correction what I HAVE to pay.