Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2011 V6 has the revised 6R80.

Discussion in '2011-2014 V6 Mustang Tech' started by MRTQStang, Dec 7, 2010.

1. MRTQStang

MRTQStang New Member

So I don't know if I was the only one who didn't know or was not sure about what auto tranny came in our cars, so I contacted my dealers service department and asked. It is the 6R80 with the 1-2 , 2-1 Sprag! Me being a former GM guy, am very excited about this! GM has a very bad habit of putting just enough auto tranny in a car/truck to get it past the warranty period, unless it is a specialty car (Corvette, SSR, GTO) or a 3/4 ton work truck. The 6R80 is what Ford is putting in the Expedition, Raptor, and The F-150 to name a few heavy or very powerful vehicles. This would be like GM Putting a 4L80E in a Camaro back in 2002. I know us V6 Guys might be short a few clutch packs VS the V8/Truck/SVT Guys but whatÂ’s adding a few clutch packs compared to a full on build up? Sweet!

2. kev152

kev152 New Member

Its good it has the upgraded tranny, but I really, REALLY wish they would have put a manu-matic feature on the automatic. Not that like running through the gears all the time with my automatic, but it is nice to be able to do it occasionally, and I like to play iwth downshifting when slowing down or entering a turn.

3. nikko

nikko Admin Emeritus Off Topic Moderator

I agree. I hope this feature makes it into the 2012 or a subsequent model year. They're doing it for the '12 Focus and maybe even the Fiesta... the Mustang would be the logical next step.

4. MRTQStang

MRTQStang New Member

Not that it is as nice, but you can hit the hill mode button on the shifter, and then each tap on the brake ='s a downshift. I have tried it a few times, it's pretty nice.

5. Adamd

Adamd Sweet!

My parents bought a 2010 Mazda 6 and it of course is auto but it has that feature where you can take it from D to "manual mode". I was thinking that was kind of cool but to be honest I think it is really dumb and never find myself using it or even wanting to because it is so unlike driving a manual I don't even think it is fun.

Not sure if that is the same kind of set up in other cars but without the clutch and getting any feel other then just bumping the shifter on an auto tranny it is just not something that would be a deal buster had my car not came with it.

I like my real manual shift much better!!!

6. kev152

kev152 New Member

It looks like, from eary info, the 2012's will NOT have an autoshifting mode.