2012 College Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gcrop

Grit and Grind
Since Justin created a 2012 thread and then kept talking about the 2011 season, I merged and created a new one. :coolface:

Gcrop

Grit and Grind
2012 recruiting schedule:

Jan 8: Quiet Period
Jan 9 - Jan 12: Dead Period
Jan 13 - Jan 28: Contact Period
Jan 29: Quiet Period
Jan 30 - Feb 2: Dead Period
Feb. 1 - April 1: Signing period
Feb 3 - April 15: Quiet Period
April 16 - May 31: Evaluation period
June 1 - Aug. 31: Quiet period

Wandler

@nwandler
Can't wait for FSU to have another top 5 class.

FSU is going to have probably the best defense in the nation. Rhodes, Reid, Jenkins all come back along with 6 other starters. If the offense can get going we should contend.

Jeff

Florida Man
Since Justin created a 2012 thread and then kept talking about the 2011 season, I merged and created a new one. :coolface:

:slowclap:

Should be an interesting season. Can't wait for all the FSU fans to claim how good they're gonna be.

Jeff

Florida Man

FSU is going to have probably the best defense in the nation. Rhodes, Reid, Jenkins all come back along with 6 other starters. If the offense can get going we should contend.

:stonk:

:lol:

Wandler

@nwandler

:slowclap:

Should be an interesting season. Can't wait for all the FSU fans to claim how good they're gonna be.

:lol:

3.8Mateo

Wild and Free bro
A few days old, but I guess Arizona just got a transfer from Akron. Brian Wagner, was the #2 tackler in the nation averaging 13.36 tackles per game. Has one year of eligability and gets to play immediatly since he transfered because Akron doesn't offer the Graduate degree program he wanted. We need all the help we can get on Defense.

fly4navy117

Single anchor master race
Patiently waiting to see how spring practice showcases some of our new starting skill players. Lines should be better on both sides

GrumpyStang

no
Supporting Member

LSU will have the best defense

GrumpyStang

no
Supporting Member
We play in the ACC. Statistically speaking I guess.

LSU is losing some really good players though.

I was just making a prediction. Losing Claiborne is going to hurt them a lot in their secondary, but his backup played really good this year

GrumpyStang

no
Supporting Member
Tyler Wilson still considering going pro according to Joe Schad.

Don't really care if he leaves :lol: If Wilson leaves, Brandon Mitchell will end up being our starter most likely and he's going to be good. I'm ready for Brandon Allen, our third string QB. He made sure all schools knew he was committed to Arkansas and as a result he was underrated by all recruiting rankings. Definitely a 5 star QB, threw 0 interceptions his senior year of HS. Very good mobile QB with a strong arm and even better accuracy.

GrumpyStang

no
Supporting Member
Petrino doing work at Arkansas.

It's amazing what he has done in 4 years. Especially with what he had to work with after that shitbag Nutt left. His first recruiting class is gone now though and they did exactly what they wanted to do, bring Arkansas to the national stage. Just hope it can be maintained and that Haynes starts getting the talent out of our defensive players that hasn't been happening

Wandler

@nwandler
A buddy of mine who is also a TN fan always asks me, "How does Arkansas get Petrino and we get the one eyed moron?"

I chuckle.

Yeah, I'm surprised that UT hasn't been able to get back into contention. Of course Lane pretty much ****ed you guys over.

Gcrop

Grit and Grind
Yeah, I'm surprised that UT hasn't been able to get back into contention. Of course Lane pretty much ****ed you guys over.
Fulmer's last 2 years of recruiting were horrid and then Lane came in and just kicked us in the gut as we were already down on the ground. Pretty much why this team was all Freshman and Sophomores.

Dooley has replaced OL coach Harry Heistand with North Carolina's Sam Pittman. Pittman was also named one of the top 25 recruiters last year. We'll see how that goes. Still looking for a DC though.

fly4navy117

Single anchor master race
Still looking for a DC though.
My #1 DC choice for Auburn prior to BVG getting hired was Randy Shannon. Miami has all those titles in their trophy case because they recruited south Florida extremely well. Shannon could tap into that recruiting base well and coached multiple top flight defenses. Only hang up would be what the NCAA says about his involvement in the scandal.

Status
Not open for further replies.