Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2012 V6 100A (base) goes 13.81 @ 99 at Lebanon Valley

Discussion in '2011-2014 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Grabber2012, Jun 24, 2011.

1. V6 Muscle Car

V6 Muscle Car Member

....... have you had a chance to get to the track again and better you ET's ?? ....... i'm trying to weigh my options and see what will get me the most for my money, i really want a set of long tube headers, but i'm too sure about the ones out there just yet ??? ..... once you have used Burns Stainless stuff, or Pro-Fabrication, it's really hard to go cheap ......

2. Turbo J

Turbo J New Member

My 11 is a 101A and I'll admit I was impressed with the 2.73s but I have 3.73s now (w/MT82) and there is no issue with driveability. I'm also getting 18.3 MPG (and increasing) short trip/city only. This is measured over 4 tanks of gas without resetting. I'll be switching to 4.10s shortly.

OP, I didn't have the chance to run @ LVD with the 11, but a friend of mine ran the car at Thompson Raceway in the spring. With a DA of 6K he managed a best of 14.30 @ 101 on the stock tune. I'll probably have the car up there in Spring 2012. Maybe I'll see you there.

3. a_guerrajr

a_guerrajr New Member

4. NC6

NC6 New Member

When you did the 13.81 run had you already done any mods (CAI and/or Tune) on your base?

5. mailpip

mailpip New Member

Hey guys, brand new mustang owner (if you dont' count my '85 capri). I am interested in going down to a track to open it up, but I know absolutely nothing about the protocol. Do you all have any recommendations or is there a wiki that I should check out?

Thanks,

6. Kona pony

Kona pony New Member

Ran my 12 at the strip here a month ago It's a 1/8 mile track.. Mine with just a programmer on a race tune running 91 octane in it ran a 9.3 @ 78mph... Against a new v6 camaro. Got him by a little over half a second :D not bad for a v6 and a girl driving! Lol

- holly

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

7. Ortiz

Ortiz Sup

Thats awesome and welcome :). If you can make a new thread with pictures of your car/mods that would be great. Again welcome :thumbup:

8. ToxicTears

ToxicTears New Member

Just ran my stock base V6 for first time at Bradenton Motorsports Park(FL), temp of 88 and humidity of 69%.. Best run was a 14.450 @ 99.89mph on 87 octane. I couldn't get any grip going into 2nd, tires with cooler dryer air I could see it getting into the 13s.

Is there a time slip thread on here of the 3.7s?