Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2013 Rear Gears

Discussion in '2011-2014 V6 Mustang Tech' started by barrygran, Feb 9, 2014.

1. 13Ford

13Ford New Member

Do you have the stock mid pipes? If so its a hybrid x h pipe from ford meant to maximize air flow but also had good sound in mind.

2. barrygran

barrygran Red Ryder

Stock mid. My MRT H pipe has high flow cats and 2 1/2" pipes. More flow than stocks.

3. Duggie

Duggie Duggie

Check into the Magna Flow Street Axel Backs. Did you see my video when I ran at the track ? You can hear my car very good. They are a deep sounding the car is quite inside but when you hit the gas it sounds throaty American Muscle HAs made a Video for them with sound.

4. barrygran

barrygran Red Ryder

It's the drone that I don't want to pay for. My son's snake has Borlas and they have a bad drone. For $500 or more bucks you would think they could build an exhaust that sounds great and no drone. With today's technology why not.

5. 13Ford

13Ford New Member

I thought borlas didnt drone!? From many people that have them on another forum claim thats one of the benefits of owning a borla product, zero drown with either the s type, stingers or Atak. Your the first person I heard to claim this, what Borla product does he have?

6. barrygran

barrygran Red Ryder

We'll I don't know what's advertised, but my son's 09 snake does.

Red Ryder

7. ageless1

ageless1 Active Member

Duggie, I've been looking at axle backs is there any drone on your Magna Flows?

8. 13Ford

13Ford New Member

The streets aren't loud enough to drone. Is this whole forum dead???? Seems like nothing ever happens here.

lizardbreath likes this.
  9. Duggie

Duggie Duggie

I really like mine. They have no drone , the sound is soft inside there fore you can keep the radeo low and talk with no problem. The sound on the outside is so much better then stock and if you put your foot in it it's a good deep sound for a V6. No tin sound at all or popping. I think I sent you a video of the race I had against a 13 GT at the race track , listen to that again and you can really hear the sound very well as it passes the camera location, it's pretty deep and the best part I beat the GT. If you don't have I find the post it's on. My other computer crashed and I may have lost it.

ageless1 likes this.
  10. Duggie

Duggie Duggie

It's not dead , it's used when some has a question they can't find in the old search. Do you like the Magna Flow Streets or not. It's really depends what you are looking for . For me I like the power gain with the CAI and the sound when I hit the gas. The other reason is that I like it quite inside the car when driving to a car show that is far away and on long trips or rides so I can talk to my wife or friends in a low tone and play the music soft without blowing my ear drums out. The other nice thing is when someone hears your car and doesn't think much of it until you punch it out. I had both V6 and V8s but I really get a kick out of the 3.7

ageless1 likes this.
  11. GreenStang13

GreenStang13 GreenStang13

I thought this thread was about gears. Two videos of my car with Borla ATAK only and Borla ATAK w/ procharger and bbk shorties. The rest stock. NO DRONE!!!!!

Borla ATAK only

Procharger, ATAK's, BBK shorties

Duggie and Bigshow14 like this.
  12. Duggie

Duggie Duggie

I saw one video on a different post of the pro charger but not these two. WOW that sounds very good BUT that Pro Charger , dam I want one !! It looks bad ass quick. I like the way the Pro Charger bolts up also, it looks so neat . What gears do you have?

13. GreenStang13

Performance pack 3:31's

14. GreenStang13

I need some drag radials.

15. Duggie

Duggie Duggie

Have you been to the track yet at all with your car ? It looks like you have a Pony Model with the larger tires and better grade then I have. I have the 17 x 8 255/60 on the Basic Model. I will spin 1st and 2nd having to back off to get going. My question is this . I don't plan to run my car much at the track but I want to see what kind of time I can get in the 1/4. How much difference do you think the Drag Radials would make approx. in time? I'm hoping to buy a used pair .
    I showed your video to a couple friends , they were very impressed !!!!

16. GreenStang13

Mine is the MCA/performance pack mustang. I have seen a good set of Mickey's take off as much as .7 1/4 mile. I played with a Mach 1 on the street. Don't know what he had but he didn't get away but I could not hook. This was on a rolling start. It was really cool that morning as well. My plan isn't to take it down the track but if the opportunity presents itself it may see the tree. Also if it does I don't plan on launching any higher than 3500. Just fear as this is my daily driver.

17. GreenStang13

Let me also add that those good time increases are from cars that are suffering from a lot of wheel spin at the track. Good tires+good track=best time for your car(current mods). I took a car to gateway international before I left for the military. It was a 96 GT. It would spin the tires on the street but it wasn't a fast car. That track was so good. Zero tire spin. Was able to get that stock GT with auto a 14.9. I was flying tehe. I have seen good tracks rip off the sole of a shoe before. Saw that at gator nationals.

18. GreenStang13

Original wheels (swapped out to fit larger brembo calipers). Picture taken after chin was installed. image.jpg I replaced the performance 19" wheels that came with the performance pkg with the AMR 18" staggered. 18x9 front with 255/45's and 18x10 with 275/40's. I went with the 18" because i wanted a nice fit with the 14" rotors front and back. I would like a set of Mickey Thompson's 305/35's. They are $330 each and would last maybe a year. Probably somewhere around 12k miles if I am not burning them off all the time.

Duggie likes this.
  19. Duggie

Duggie Duggie

The .7 in the 1/4 will meet my goal and with my new Tune from Pro Dyno I got at the 50th Year Car Show that should put it where I hope to be for following the Project Car. The best I got was a 14.0 at 101 .0 or 100.89 mph with no Tune and the Stock 17" tires. I got the throttle response I wanted so bad last week . I'm not into Drag Racing but love the Handling part and the suspension work done to my car was great in the mountains . What a blast , I have a lot of video from my Pro-Go Camera I will post after I edit it . The stock tires did ok but for two to three areas on some hair pin turns. The Tail of The Dragon was a awesome route and looking foreword to doing the other part this fall.
    Let me know how the 3500 launch works for you. When I went I came out a little higher approx. 4000-4500 two times and it felt hard . My blood was pumping and I was very excited, the last time I raced at the track was 35 years ago. I will onlt go one more time to the track to see what time I will get so those that are interested in it on other forums I write can know, good or bad I'm not going back to the track. I can't wait to see what your Pro Charger will do. I use my car for a daily driver and for Car Shows my Mustang Club goes to, there are a lot of them in FL. so I pick and choose what ones I go to. My car is too new for points and have to wait for 2 years for most shows to get the points. I can only get popular vote and that's very hard to get.

20. Duggie

Duggie Duggie

I like the side stripe a lot on your car, I wanted to get it but the shop that did mine couldn't do it with the machine they had. The fade out is very cool! I need to check and see if I can order it in white from someone.