280 - 300bhp

jamesd

This may seems like an odd thread, but I'm just curious as to what it would take to achieve 280 - 300 at the fly wheel. I own a stock single port 97 5 speed. I know that a split port swap is going to be recommended so I'll just get that out of the way now. I'd like to stay NA if at all possible. Remember, I'm just curious, so I doubt i'd actually ever achieve this. I also have a CAI and UDP on the way so I'll get that suggestion out of the way also. Thanks!

mysteed

is back!
Splitport swap and a Procharger would get you to 300rwhp the easy way. To do so n/a would require a LOT of money and even then you'd need to go with the splitport swap.

jamesd

Oh I think you miss read. 280 - 300 at the fly wheel I meant. Probably should have made that more clear.

EDIT: Actually I messed up, haha sorry.

TBone7281

00StangV6Coupe no more.
Splitport swap and a Procharger would get you to 300rwhp the easy way. To do so n/a would require a LOT of money and even then you'd need to go with the splitport swap.

I would say either a vortec or procharger would get him to his goal. Not sure on the boost needed for a basically stock singleport though.

And I agree with it being pretty rough to do NA. One of Supersix's top packages maybe.

mysteed

is back!
I would say either a vortec or procharger would get him to his goal. Not sure on the boost needed for a basically stock singleport though.

And I agree with it being pretty rough to do NA. One of Supersix's top packages maybe.
With SSM's stage 2+ heads, 210/220 cam, ported lower intake, and bypassing all the boost with the m112 (effectively making it a huge upper intake) I made 224rwhp and 286rwtq. That's still a long ways away from making 300 at the crank though.

TBone7281

00StangV6Coupe no more.
With SSM's stage 2+ heads, 210/220 cam, ported lower intake, and bypassing all the boost with the m112 (effectively making it a huge upper intake) I made 224rwhp and 286rwtq. That's still a long ways away from making 300 at the crank though.
Yeah, probably a good 40 hp... I was thinking maybe you lost some power because of the huge "intake" but if I recall correctly from various tests the mags have done, having an oversized (race) intake mostly hurts power production in the low to mid range.

And I know my NA setup with all mid-upper level RPM stuff wasn't anywhere near 300 either. Forced induction it is. :D

94sexystang

That's what she said
According to supersixes website, a Stage 2+ or 3 will get you 85hp, thats heads, intakes, and a cam.....plus you will need a ECU tune.

You aint gonna have no 300hp.....probably more like 200 or 220?.....although your torque might be near that goal somewhat.

Maybe if you get a Stage 2 or 3 powerpak, and a 50-75 shot of Nitrous.
Gonna be putting some strain on a stock motor, tranny and Rear-end though.

Why not invest in a good suspension system?
Sometimes its not all about power, but how well your car puts it to the ground!
I thought there was someone on here that dropped 1 full second or so on their 1/4 mile just by changing the suspension setup.

Also, try putting the car on a diet!(weight reduction)

Justin251

hotpocketssssss
Sell the car and buy a stock LS1. Seriously. Probably cheaper and newer too!

Or

Just buy mysteed's m112 kit.

minigunner7.62

B.O.H.I.C.A.
Hey guys, noob here. I'll look for the link, but I have seen only ONE 03 N/A V6 with 296 at the rear wheels. Other then that, I have yet to find any others even close to that. Unless its F/I, I don't think we can get that high without spending tons of $. On a plus note, have spoken to SSMS and was told that they could build a streetable 300+ N/A motor, but it will cost you around 6-7K.

jamesd

Thanks for all the info! Like I said, I'm just curious about all this, well dreaming, now that I've learned all that would be involved hahaha. And no I'm not a fan of Nitrous really.. it'd probably be too much for an 11 year old motor to handle. Thanks again!

jamesd

Yes dude I get it, every car is better than a v6 mustang. Not really realistic to go out and buy a newer car when I've just started working and don't have the money for any of that. Plus I actually really like my car. That's why I'm on here as much as I am learning about possible mod's etc. To each his own.

TBone7281

00StangV6Coupe no more.
Hey guys, noob here. I'll look for the link, but I have seen only ONE 03 N/A V6 with 296 at the rear wheels. Other then that, I have yet to find any others even close to that. Unless its F/I, I don't think we can get that high without spending tons of $. On a plus note, have spoken to SSMS and was told that they could build a streetable 300+ N/A motor, but it will cost you around 6-7K.
I would like to see the dyno sheet and mod list for that. I don't really see how they managed to get NA numbers that high unless the streetabilty was just awful.

Yes dude I get it, every car is better than a v6 mustang. Not really realistic to go out and buy a newer car when I've just started working and don't have the money for any of that. Plus I actually really like my car. That's why I'm on here as much as I am learning about possible mod's etc. To each his own.
That's the spirit. If you're really for building up the v6, don't let the haters get you down. There are a lot of them on this site that unfortunately troll the tech boards in addition to off topic. Not saying they are always wrong but they certainly aren't always right either. Good luck.