Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

3.73 or 4.10?

Discussion in '2011-2014 V6 Mustang Tech' started by 14mustang v6, Jun 7, 2014.

1. 14mustang v6

14mustang v6 New Member

2. Duggie

Duggie Duggie

I'm just going to be very open and honest with you. We both have new cars. I spent many hours researching each and very part I put on my car for two major reasons. First Warranty Issues and second I wanted to do it right with the best parts, the car is NEW. I also checked with Ford to find what I would be loosing with the Warranty. So I had to be willing to take the chance and eat the things I had changed and the Tune is the real killer, if anything traces back to the Tune you loose and eat it. I read so many reviews because I knew that everything works as a unit . Example: Suspension, you just can't lower your car with a set a springs and want everything to work right. You need to look at the LCA, Panhard Bar, Stocks, Struts, Swaybars, they all work together.
    You started off right with the CAI, Muflers and Tune to help the shifting points and get some more HP. I too went with the 73 mm BBK TB but I wish I didn't and stayed with the stock TB with the Airaid Spacer . Didn't see where it helped me on my low end.
    When reading the reviews you need to find the norm by getting passed the ones where people thing there car is louder therefore more power and crap like that. Even the feel is not a good measure because when you go to the track look at your 60 ft times, 1/8 and 1/4 times, that will show you where you stand. You are stuck on header and that's your choice. I choose to listen to BBK about them. And also you need to figure is it worth the cost of the headers plus 500.00 shop time to install them unless you do it yourself.
    Also I listened to Phil ll and Markstang they have a lot of knowledge and gave me some real good advise. I only wish I read their advise before the fact, I would of saved hundreds of dollars. I owned 5 Mustangs and I'm old school in a lot of ways but these two guys know their stuff.
    Because you are so interested in low end it sounds like you will be driving your car hard for the fun of it . But remember unless you have two cars and the Mustang is your daily driver what about the times you need to make a trip and run a few hundred miles. I glad you decided to go with the 3.73 because the 4.10 would be hard on the mpg and will be turning a lot of rpms.
    Last with the mods you have and the 3.73 gears I think you will be very happy and will not have to do any more. Just remember what gives you the most Bang for the Buck and in my opinion the short tube headers will not.

3. GreenStang13

GreenStang13 GreenStang13

Just want to throw in my $.02. As far as the gear goes 3.73 is a good gear. I have the 3.31's that come with the performance package. I am very satisfied with them. I would also take 3.55's or 3.73's but I will probably never change them out. Not for daily driving. That's just me. I have had 2 cars with a low gear ratio in the past. If you want the car to pull harder then go for the shorter gear. I went with ceramic shorties because they look 1000 times better than stock. Sound level came down just a bit. Installing cervinis side exhaust this weekend. Fingers crossed it sounds as good or better than the borla ataks.

As far as some mods they are worthless. If it restricts the amount of air the engine can pull then it's a good part. Think of it mechanically. Cylinder starts the intake stroke. The piston pulls air in as it goes down. Something would have to restrict the airflow so much that the engine does not pull in as much air. The cam timing is what changes so much on these engines. Make every penny count. Supercharge it!!!!! Force the air in, giver her the fuel, and give her hell. She has a reinforced block, forged crank, forged rods, 6 bolt main. You can find my thread GreenStang13 under in this tech section.

riverbum likes this.