Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

3.8Mustang.com Window Decals.

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions & Announcements' started by Huma, Mar 17, 2005.

1. skeetsheet

skeetsheet New Member

yea, guess i know nothing and it's my imagination that you are tracking clicks on those banners on top of the page ;)

2. Beetlejuice

Beetlejuice just say my name 3 times

who's continuing to ‘click’ the banners at the top of the page anyway..?? :confused: (mine are blank… ad blocker software)

i think most people… now maybe i’m wrong on this and it’s just me… but wouldn’t you just click it the first time they see the ad (web-site) but then save it to ‘favorites/bookmark’ and then just open it from there in the future… don’t you think..?? why keep having to go back to the banner to re-visit the site..??

i’ve organized ‘favorites’ folders and sub folders with links to everything and every site possible for the Mustang (new & used parts, how-to’s, forums, etc… etc…) while browsing a chat forum, i can easily open a new window, click the link i need, reference the part or info and quickly respond to any need or question… just figured other’s did the same..!!

according to you… if 3.8mustang.com actually generated revenue from people just clicking the sponsor’s banners… then i and/or everyone else could spend some time clicking away and make the site total ‘bank’…

sorry… but i don’t believe in your theory..!! :disgust:

~ Mr. B ~ :cool:

3. John

John Ex-Legend

to the guys that say "im not paying for someone elses site"

umm this is YOUR SITE. this site is made FOR ITS MEMBERS.

3.8mustang.com gets ZERO DOLLARS PROFIT. Sean refuses to profit on it, he could easily but on a moral standpoint does not.

Did anyone here buy anything from 3.8mustang.com? Did you add anything to the shopping cart? did you donate paypal to buy anything? no. Because we are a non profit orginization. Sean did the stickers 3 years ago. i have some on my car, sean went out and spent like 300.00 on stickers and all the people that wanted them decided to disappear when they came in. so sean was left with a hole in his pocket and a pile of stickers. Thats why there is not a huge motive to get them at the time.

We dont profit at all here. I dont get a check from 3.8 or sean. The server is getting so expensive because we have over a million unique hits a month here. its getting to the point where we can easily go broke thanks to server load.

if we did do the stickers we would ask for money to cover shipping and cost. a few dollars. Its only fair. Its not advertising for us to profit. its advertising for a free site where you can learn about everything available for your car and
    meet people that can help you and answer your questions.

4. skeetsheet

skeetsheet New Member

i dunno, i just think it would be hard to sell advertising space and not offer any way to track your investment.

5. ccskorn

ccskorn New Member

I'd buy a quarter window one. I realize this site is non-profit, but the money could be used to help benefit the users, as in server cost etc. The stickers wouldn't be advertisement, just spreading the word. I see a lot of non-stock v6 mustangs, and I always get looks from their drivers. Having the sticker may attract some more knowledgable people.

6. Goindeafonmtx

Goindeafonmtx The One Upper

he may be on to something here :)

7. John

John Ex-Legend

sponsorships have a flat rate per month. we do offer clickthrough data, but its not based on the rate. its to show them a result that our site generates traffic to thier sites.

we dont make more money per click. the only thing we HAD to add were the google ads because the sponsorships werent enough to run the site month to month without raising prices even more.

please ask questions before you assume things and post things like that. i cant believe i missed that post.

8. Beetlejuice

Beetlejuice just say my name 3 times

hey John... you said you have some of them from three years ago on your car... can you post a picture..?? just curious what they looked like...

if i were to have some made... just for my car now (i think the guy at the mall does vinyl decals for just a few bucks each)... would i get in trouble or anything..??

don't want to step on any toes or get hit with a lawsuit or anything..!!

~ Mr. B ~ :cool:

9. John

John Ex-Legend

if you did them for your own car.. no.

if you did them and tried to sell them to people.. oh yes, that would not be good on a legal standpoint. ;)

10. Mustangered

Mustangered New Member

What if he gave them out for free?

11. tommyj03

tommyj03 New Member

hey hey, if thats what yall want if i can get permission ill have them made in the MUSTANG font from ford (the same lettering as on your bumper) and sell them for like $1 more than it cost to make + shipping and that way everyone will be happy !!! and ill make a couple of bucks, and ill split all profits with the site of course !

12. Mustangered

Mustangered New Member

someone has not been paying attention.

13. stang gurl

stang gurl New Member

You should not make money on a logo or site name that does not belong to you... if someone makes these ALL profit should go back into this site. JMO

14. Volpaz.com

Volpaz.com Former Sponsor

Is "3.8mustang.com" a registered trademark?

15. clutchsix

clutchsix Sneazy

I want......a damn.......3.8mustang........DECAL!!!!

16. nikko

nikko Admin Emeritus Off Topic Moderator

Doesn't matter. It's a registered domain name that we can demonstrate ownership of quite easily.

17. Volpaz.com

If its not a trademark you can't bar anybody from making decals and selling them.

Sure you can threaten "legal action", but lets be serious here....if its not Trademark, you have nothing. Sure you can say "i own a website", but you don't own the name unless its all legalized.

18. nikko

nikko Admin Emeritus Off Topic Moderator

And if anyone out there knew anything about that, it would be you...

As usual your undestanding of the law is short-sighted and incorrect. Using our logo and domain name... registered or not... to make a profit is against the law... because we can demonstrate prior ownership.

19. Volpaz.com

:D forget it, i decided not to be mean

20. Hell_Razor

Hell_Razor Never surrender!!! Off Topic Moderator

actually it is considered "intellectual property", several years ago the Baltimore Ravens were sued because the shield logo they were using had actually been designed years ago by someone other than who they had paid. The courts ruled that the original designer owned the "intellectual property" rights to the logo and he was awarded a multi-million dollar settlement.