315/35-17 tire question.

Tiffany97

315/35-17
Will this tire fit on my 9" rim? American muscle says best fit is a 10.5 rim but does that mean its a no? I searched and did not find, but I feel like this has probably been gone over so im sorry for the repeat question.

silver6stang02

Keepin' it real
Ive never seen 295 listed where I look for tires. I guess ill keep looking b/c I do want as big as possible in back.

I've seen 295's on a 9" rim....looks really really bulgy tho:(
I think that if you want wide with a good look....go with a 285 or 275:yup:

TGUNS06GT

I wish I had a 900hp wing
I don't understand the purpose of 315's on a 6er... Explain for me? Looks? Traction while at the strip?

It's just a waste of a lot of money IMO... 285's are PLENTY wide(what I have on a 10" rim)

They will still be a little bulgy(285's on a 9") but not horrible.

Tiffany97

really??? i have never seen 17 in saleen replicas for sale...
Yeah Oewheels sells them. They are in all the 5.0 mags.

I don't understand the purpose of 315's on a 6er... Explain for me? Looks? Traction while at the strip?

It's just a waste of a lot of money IMO... 285's are PLENTY wide(what I have on a 10" rim)

They will still be a little bulgy(285's on a 9") but not horrible.
It would have been looks but I did not realize that everytime ive ever seen them they were on a much wider rim. Now I know.

jascarmony

03 Mustang Owner
I've got 315's on the back. They are a bit heavy. I got them from a friend for a pretty good deal, so I'm not complaining.

97mustang3.8l

$500 DX Killa
Thats why you fit those. Ill be ordering 245/45-17 for the fronts and 275's for the backs. And I just realized my Caster/camber is off b/c the whole inside of my front tires are bald, the outsides not as much.:mad:

The inside of mine are bald also but im pretty sure its just from not rotating them along with the 2* of negative camber im running. My friend switched my front tires and rebalanced them so that the bald spots on the outside yesterday so well see what happens hopefully theyll last me till taxes.

Tiffany97

wo wider in the front- i have a 255 on my cobras and it looks small. go with a 265
Good thinking I may go 255.

The inside of mine are bald also but im pretty sure its just from not rotating them along with the 2* of negative camber im running. My friend switched my front tires and rebalanced them so that the bald spots on the outside yesterday so well see what happens hopefully theyll last me till taxes.
I think I may have my tire guy move my tires around untill I can afford new ones.