Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

35th anniversary hood scoop install

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Appearance & Entertainment' started by SpetsACDC, Mar 9, 2016.

1. SpetsACDC

SpetsACDC Active Member

Hi,
    I was driving on the interstate and noticed my hood scoop moving up maybe 1/4 inch on one side. I investigated how the scoop was attached, and it looks like a pretty shoddy job. The last owner did other bad jobs like cutting holes in the v6 bumper for dual exhaust. I always thought that my hood scoop was done by the factory though, because it looks good and my car (1999) has 35th anniversary badging.

They drilled 4 holes into the hood to hold the scoop. Two holes in the front had screws holding the scoop to the hood. The middle two holes let part of the scoop pass through the hood. Rings with sharp metal teeth prevented the scoop from moving back up the holes. Finally, blue putty was holding the scoop on in the back.

This worked for a long time; one of the screws had just come out. I'm thinking about just putting the screws back in with loctite and applying new adhesive. Does anyone know what kind of blue adhesive was used, or which can I should use? Any easy improvements to make this more solid? I don't really want to drill new holes in the hood. How does Ford install these? The scoop is an official ford part: XR33-16C628-AEW

Thanks!

2. six gun

six gun Active Member