Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

4.0 Power adder?

Discussion in '2005-2010 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Lt's-BAV6, Sep 24, 2012.

1. whitev6

whitev6 New Member

I have a t4 65mm turbo in the garage is there a way I could buy the piping from powerhouse or someone to save some money if I planed on boosting the car?

2. Nice Pony

Nice Pony Member

HA! That's funny! I just came accross this site and this was posted by me on the other one!
    Wel, l just got here so I will check it all out.

3. Nice Pony

Nice Pony Member

Got this intercooled MP1900 TVS up and running on my built 4.0SOHC. Runs great. Working on data logging to finish off the tune.

Wound up with just a bit over 14PSI with a 2.8" pulley! Should be good for around 400rwhp or so.

[​IMG]

Here's a link to the build:
    My New 4.0 SOHC Build - The Mustang Collective Forums

4. amustangrocks

amustangrocks Active Member

yepper, thats where i got it from. good info needs to be passed along right? i want that set up you have bad. that thing looks so sweet, i need a better job

5. whitev6

whitev6 New Member

That blower looks dirty! I would rather the sound of a bov though ;)

6. Nice Pony

Nice Pony Member

Absolutely pass it a long. There is so much misinformation out there I couldn't imagine being new to hot rodding and being able to sort through all the garbage. I guess the key is when reading posts if someone makes a lot of claims but doesn't offer any technical information they probably don't really know what they are talking about. I usually offer as much technical information I have available but even then it can be tuff to overcome ignorance. Kind of like politics! LOL

If you ever decide you would like to get setup with a MP1900 TVS just let me know and I will hook you up with all the information on how to get there.

7. Nice Pony

Nice Pony Member

Hah! I'll take dirty over a bov ;-) Funny thing is the MP1900 TVS makes virtually no noise unlike the whine of the MP90. I kind of miss the whine but the extra power was a great trade off!

8. whitev6

whitev6 New Member

No whine!:eyetwitch: haha but yea I would take power over sound any day.

9. stangcrzy07

stangcrzy07 New Member

What size turbo ? Any specs on spool time and all that? How much horsepower it will be able to produce?

10. stangcrzy07

stangcrzy07 New Member

That was directed at Ortiz btw

11. stangcrzy07

stangcrzy07 New Member

So here's the deal. I want to turbo my car. I know the steps in what I need to do to beef up tranny and rear end. I am going to throw in forged internals from mmr ( if possible increase the compression ratio ), get the block sleeved, stage three heads and turbo cams from ssm, 60# injectors, gt40 fuel system. Now I want either a gt35r or gt3788r turbo. I am not sure if those will suffice or if I could go bigger. Any thoughts? Also, does anyone know who would do piping for me going from both exhaust manifold's into one into the turbo and a downpipe?

12. JpL4K3

JpL4K3 Moderator

Contact Andy at TmaTurbo.com he can probably fab some turbo manifolds up for you.

13. stangcrzy07

stangcrzy07 New Member

Well I talked to him and he said that he'd be working on an actual turbo kit for my model. I wouldn't mind buying it because 1) it'd be cheaper than powerhouse and 2) I've seen j's turbo mustang and it's wicked. I would do a twin turbo kit if he fabricated one even because I wanna go a long way but it's all up to rather he makes it or not.

14. blown245

blown245 Member

or hit up dude with the lil wolf. they have a sick turbo kit for the 4.0. cant remember the name of their site or kit at the moment but its on one of the other forums. you can just have him use a bigger turbo if needed. I wouldnt raise the compression ratio with a turbo anyways, go lower like not even 8.5-1 like 8-1 and just run 20+lbs of boost on that **** and you will be hitting waaayyy higher numbers the running 10-1 with 10lbs

15. jimsbrain

jimsbrain New Member

Read my last post ....I wanted to tell both of you guys looking for an upgrade under 1000.00 y upgrades cost around 450.00 but I'm still planning to do the exhaust last. that should add another 10hp. I REALLY recommend the air raid intake/10mm wires/screamin demon coil with the vortex inducer (sorry forget the name of the inducer). JR

16. terlingua4.0

terlingua4.0 Member

Whatd u guys think about headers? As far as adding power, do headers give some significant gains?