4.0 valve spring upgrade

Ciaran Murphy

Hi I'm doing a moddbox supercharger build at the moment and I'm trying to upgrade components as I go, i cant seem to find a good spring/retainer upgrade, anyone know of a good upgraded alternative? Thanks

Cbarron79

Hey man I'm not going to be any help.
But I am about to purchase the kit myself.
Did you finish it? How did it go or how is it going for you so far? Thanks in advance!

Ciaran Murphy

hey ye so I havent got the supercharger kit from moddbox yet, because of corona and the borders shutting it was sent by surface shipping and I live in Ireland so it takes like 2 to 3 months by the world's slowest boat! I do have everything else needed to get it all set up now though, so a few things you will need to make it work are new injectors I have ford performance 34# but 39# is recommended also you'll need a handheld tuner sct x4 moddbox have a company in Canada on their website that will email you a tune for your set up.
Now it all really depends on how far you want to take it but I rebuilt the motor with kb hyperutetic pistons and arp rod and head stud bolts, youl definitely need pistons if you run anymore then 8 psi the pistons are the weak point on these motors.
Then obviously source a good supercharger it took me ages because living in Europe we never got the thunderbird and the shipping is stupidly expensive.
Also you can get a valve spring and shim kit form supersix motorsport.

Attachments

Cbarron79

I may be done before you.just ordered my s/c and should be here anytime haven't ordered the modbox kit yet but I will soon .
Fuel injectors will be upgraded but I can't do the pistons right now. So yeah I'll stay at 8 psi for now
Are you going to use the stock Airbox? Ot fabricate something else?

Cbarron79

Got my kit yesterday but the fuel injectors were on back order and will be sent out this week apparently. I'm also waiting on a set of headers so it's not a huge inconvenience.
I'm having mine installed at a performance auto shop and out on a dyno. So I'll be sure to share my results. Hoping to be all done withing next 2 or 3 weeks.

Ciaran Murphy

Thats great, ye definitely throw up some photos id be interested to see the results.
My kit landed in Ireland about 2 weeks ago but its stuck in customs for whatever reason, but I'll be putting the engine back in the car this weekend and run it in with the new pistons and rings before I throw any boost at it so I should be 3 4 weeks away from buttoning everything up.
Although I did buy a 2017 dash and im in the process of collecting parts for that but thats a whole other project!ha

Cbarron79

So after first being told everything I ordered was in stock. I received an email saying I would get my injectors by the latest this last week. I messaged today and am now being told I will not receive until the beginning of August. Needless to say I am more than just a little annoyed.

Do you have any idea where I can find compatible 47 lb fuel injectors? Will any Ford racing injectors work. I tried to search the sku of the injectors from moddbox site but nothing.
Thanks.

Ciaran Murphy

Ye thats a pain in the ass, ye i got 34# ford racing injectors most forums or lads who have done this have been using 39# but i checked the rating on the 34# and they are more than capable at handling the fuel load. You might be able to pick up a second hand set they are a bit pricey, these will work but they will be slightly taller so all you need to do is make or get a spacer for the bolts on the fuel rail.
Screenshot_20200707-085447_Chrome.jpg